Need help with buying a new prop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with buying a new prop

Spun the prop and lost it at the bottom of lake. Have no idea on pitch or any other details. Boat is a 1985 Sea Ray Seville with. 3.0 OMC motor.

Any suggestions?

85, is it a Stringer or a Cobra?

If a Stringer (1.65:1 gears), I think a 15 would be in the ball park

if a Cobra (1.71:1 gears), A 17 would be also in the ballpark

WOT range is 4200 - 4600 rpm

Comment

Not sure. 302sthrcom is the model listed on the engine plate. 302STHRCOM

Comment

A Stringer would have a big ugly seal at the transom. A Cobra is easy to identify by it having two trim cylinders on the Outdrive.

Comment

it would be a stinger.

Comment

i was looking at another forum thread of someone doing a restoration on a Seville and they installed a new prop. they used a Quicksilver Black Diamond XT-14 1/2 21 Pitch. He had an Alpha 1 outdrive on his boat
            Last edited by Matt1021; July 9th, 2019, 06:47 AM.

Comment

I had a 1987 3.0 cuddy, A1 drive, had a 15p 4 blade on it... was the perfect fit for that underpowered heavy boat...
              "Na ise kalyteros anthropos apo ton patera sou"

(greek= Be a better man than your father)....

Comment

Mine is a 19' bowrider. Thinking of going with a 3 blade 13.5 diameter with a 15pitch. Found a site by Solas propeller that gives me part numbers.

Comment

Whichever prop you go after will be your starter prop and then go from there dialing a prop that will make the motor to run at least middle to max wot frevs as usually loaded. It's much faster going for a spot on prop maximization from a previously tached prop or lost one than begining with a wild guess one as a starter prop.

A pity that lost prop was never tached previously to buy same or go from there..

Happy Boating

Sea Rider 320, 380 Sibs, 450 Rib, 2 Strokes Tohatsu 5,18 & 30 HP Proud Smokers

Comment

Working...
                  X