Thrust washer question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrust washer question

I just put a new solas prop on my Volvo penta sx outdrive & after running it I checked everything & the prop is rubbing the drive unit. Is there a proper thrust washer I should be using? The previous prop was a turning point.

The Standard Thrust Washer, may or may not work with props other than VP or OMC. When I put the Enertia on my VP, the proper Thrust Washer came in the Mercury Hub Kit for VP. Whether a Washer for a TP prop will work on a Solas... ????Check with Solas as to what you need. Gear case Housings are not very cheap

Comment

Agree with Jimmbo to be fair. Not wanting to sound bad or prop snobby...but it’s likely your boat deserves a better prop than that. I can’t tell you how much of a difference a real good prop can make to a boat. It’s the single biggest improvement you can make to your boat. Sorry to preach...but get a good one. You’ll be amazed.

Comment

A lot of people do not want to spend a lot, and there are 3rd party props marketed as a Price Point(<$100 Can). Myself, I don't flinch when I buy a Prop that lists for >$1000(Can). I swear at some of the brands/models that some members hold in High Regard, but they are entitled to their Opinion. I will admit I do have access to test any of the Props in my Dealer's inventory, so I have some insight as to which Brands are less than terrific, and which are superior regarding Quality as well as Performance.

Comment

Working...
        X