92 Chris craft Concept 258 prop sizing

Mnormand55

Cadet
porscheguy hey man was able to swap that 4 blade out for a 21p mirage plus, picked up 4mph accorss the board at cruise and wot, i plan on picking up a 19p mirage plus to try aswell would get me more top end maybe, @ wot right now with the 21P i am 4700rpm, and would be curious to see the 19p and what it would do.. i belive you were on to somthing :D

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Hi

just Reading all of this and all the way through was thinking you need a big diameter heavy swinging 3 blade like a mirage + 21” or even better a tempest plus 21”. Only just started to get to know the tempest. What a prop it is for heavy boats like this. So much lift it’s not real. Big enough diameter to keep the cruising rpm down (as in it behaves like a 2” pitch higher laser) but also able to keep a heavy hull up in there air the higher rpms too. Great prop. But a heavy bugger.
I might have thought your boat might see around early 50’s gps all being well and propped good enough ?
if she is a 1.5 ratio...then forget the 21” mirage and tempest. They be too big I’d think ?? Lesser ratio...yeah. 21” mirage or tempest all day !!

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
porscheguy hey man was able to swap that 4 blade out for a 21p mirage plus, picked up 4mph accorss the board at cruise and wot, i plan on picking up a 19p mirage plus to try aswell would get me more top end maybe, @ wot right now with the 21P i am 4700rpm, and would be curious to see the 19p and what it would do.. i belive you were on to somthing :D

Just saw this bit. I’d say that you are almost perfect at that ? Would that not put you right about almost perfect at those rpm ? The 19” would maybe see you gain about 300 rpm or so. Are you rated to about 4800 with that older version of the 454 mayne ?

Mnormand55

Cadet
But Yeh would like to try or have a 19p for loaded runs and to see top end of it would change mph wise with that 300 rpm