Solas Prop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solas Prop

I have a aluminum solas prop on a 1997 mercury 115 hp. When I tighten the prop to specs the rubber ring " flares out " when the prop meets the thrush washer, do I need the rubber ring ? Why is it squeezing out?

Are you talking the hub flares out?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson110 View Post
      I have a aluminum solas prop on a 1997 mercury 115 hp. When I tighten the prop to specs the rubber ring " flares out " when the prop meets the thrush washer, do I need the rubber ring ? Why is it squeezing out?
      Do you have the correct thrust washer installed?

Comment

It is not the hub but a rubber ring that goes on the end of the prop, it's like a spacer between the thrust washer. I got the boat with this prop on it. You can take this rubber ring off I think it just sits in a groove on the prop.

Comment

I know mine Solas doesn't have anything between trust washer and prop but it's an I/O. As long as you are seated them shouldn't be a problem.

I don't crank my prop down to specs, seat it and a little more then done.

Comment

Ditch the whole lot and get a decent merc prop. All will be well.

Comment

The Solas is a decent prop. Many run it without issues.

Comment

The rubber ring is the width of the outside diameter of the back of the the prop where is goes onto the thrush washer. I removed the rubber ring and tighten the prop down to 50 ft lbs.

Comment

Working...
                X