Bayliner 175

Baylinerrider

Recruit
im trying to figure out what prop to buy for my boat .I need to get out the hole quicker I have a 14.250 x21 pitch now.I was thinking of going with the 4 blade 14x20 will that get me out of the hole quicker?

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,....... Welcome Aboard,..... Please read the Read This First thread, 'n please post the info requested there,....

Without the info requested in there,...... there are no answers possible,......

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Yes in general a blade will get you out of the hole quicker and plane ata slower speed. As bondo said need to have your current WOT rpm and speed to make a recommendation. Likely off those numbers you may want to drop to an 18" 4 blade.

On a simikar boat to yours (assume you gave the 3.0? ) I went from a 19" three blade to a pair of Michigan vortex 4 blades -18" fir general use /tubing, a 16" fir pulling skiers. For the money they were a great upgrade .

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
A friend had the exact same boat. He has a 3 blade black max 21” for cruising and a 19” 5 blade hi five for wake boarding. He needs to watch the rpm with the high 5 though. It will rev out at top end very quickly. Amazing out the hole though for what it is.