No announcement yet.

Jack plate vs tilt n trim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you suspect, I think the seasons are working against you. Here in Fl. there are plenty of engines for sale. Including stuff you can use. I would just be hesitant to suggest buying anything you haven't seen in person.

Like Scott suggested, I have nothing against a "road trip" if the price makes the trip worth it.

I work on Honda 40-90hp engines as a hobby/something to do, and to make a little mad money (retired). I'm constantly on the road chasing down major parts (short blocks, power heads, lower units) or looking for the next project. That drive is part of the fun for me! You need to be careful though, of engines from this area (Central FL) that have been neglected, even if they've never been run in salt water. There are MANY freshwater lakes and rivers here that are so full of lime, they might just as well be operating in salt water! So engines for sale? Sure, plenty of them. Are the inexpensive ones a good buy? Maybe! -Al

Comment

Originally posted by tramsdell View Post

i found a 77 evinrude v4 135hp ptt for 800bux, which seems nice but its over 40 years old!
      That's not a 77. 1976 was the last year for the V4 135. In 77 the 140 was introduced

Comment

The riskiest thing about a JP is, with some props you can run the engine high enough to starve the water intakes.

Comment

I think ya'll have convinced me to go ptt even if i have to go with a vintage i wasnt wanting to have.

Comment

Working...
          X