prop size 150hp mercury

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prop size 150hp mercury

What prop for Glastron G180 deep vee weight 1350 150hp 87 black max Got a SS 5 blade on now not sure what size Thank for help

Its a High Five Looking for better fuel useage

Comment

Without knowing what the Pitch is and what rpms the engine is getting at WOT with the current prop, an accurate recommendation is not possible

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/gene...ead-this-first

Comment

Ok I never had boat out except test run when I bought was told prop was for towing water board was going to get a spare 3 blade will have to take prop of when its warmer thanks for help

Comment

I found a 14.5x19 alum 3 blade you think it be ok for spare

Comment

Start with this. https://www.iboats.com/shop/boat-propellers.html. It will give you a choice of several brands.
            Other prop manufacturers like Michigan Wheel, Turning Point, Stilleto, ect. have similar selection tools.
            '96 Larson 174 SEI BR. 4.3LX 4 bbl Weber s/n 0F786604. Alpha One Gen II s/n 0F709315

Comment

Originally posted by pppsmurf47 View Post
              I found a 14.5x19 alum 3 blade you think it be ok for spare
              Yep. That's about the right pitch for your setup.

Comment

You’ll need more than a 19” pitch on that set up for certain. Guys run 21 and 23” with that motor on similar boats.
                High 5 props are only good for skiing and boarding. Not for anything else. They certainly won’t make it better on fuel than a 3 blade of same pitch and also loose out on performance top end.

Comment

A 21" Enertia would be in my Guesstimate, just about perfect. It would also allow you to raise the engine up to where the Anti-ventilation Plate is about 1 1/2" higher than the standard mounting height. Great prop, and others will agree with me on that

Comment

I would try the 19P prop. Your motor is likely the 2.0L version of the 150HPV6. I have some experience with a similar motor (1993 2.0L 135HPV6), and that 21P prop may be a bit too tall.....

Comment

I was initially going to say a 20 inch, but... though the 150 only has 122 cubic inch displacement, it is a torquey engine with a good top end so I added an inch

Comment

19 pitch aluminum is close. If it was used for water sports it likely deeper
                        When in doubt,Trim it out!!!
                        Business Owner & Certifed Technician
                        Boats I own & use
                        20ft Javlin w/250 Junkrude
                        17ft Bullet w/200 Merc (SOLD!!)
                        13ft Allison w/150 I-6
                        17ft Hydra-Sport 175GT
                        15ft Allison w/75 Stinger(project)
                        14 x 48 Drifter with 1100SS Merc

Comment

Going to try 19 in when I get it in water .What wot rpms should I shoot for with this motor Thank for all the help

Comment

WOT range for your engine is 5000 - 5500, Try to prop for 5400 - 5500,

Comment

Working...
                            X