What pitch/PN SpitFire prop for new 50hp 4stroke on Tracker Pro 170???

WesNewell

Chief Petty Officer
There's not much more I could add that I haven't already said in previous post

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
- get a jack plate (can't afford hydraulic so it would be manual if ever)

Can anyone offer anymore advice or specifics about these or other solutions?

Thanks!

You won't be going fast enough with a 50 to gain much if anything by running the engine higher than the AV Plate flush with either the hull bottom, or the keel if the keel doesn't taper off 3 or 4 feet in front of the transom

WesNewell

Chief Petty Officer
The only reason I mention an adjustable pack plate is it makes raising ande lowering the engine real easy and you don't have to ever reseal the engine mount bolts. A 4" adjustable one can be had for less than the cost some dealers charge to remount the engine. However once mounted properly, most people will never need to change engine height again. But proper engine height, prop, and trim is critical for maximum performance.

USA_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class
The only reason I mention an adjustable pack plate is it makes raising ande lowering the engine real easy and you don't have to ever reseal the engine mount bolts. A 4" adjustable one can be had for less than the cost some dealers charge to remount the engine. However once mounted properly, most people will never need to change engine height again. But proper engine height, prop, and trim is critical for maximum performance.

Yeah I understood both of your reasoning...It might be nice if I moved the motor and wanted to experiment or move it back not having to re-seal. BTW, what do you seal the holes with on an aluminum boat? The sealant coming out around the transom mount looks to just be clear 100% silicone from the factory?

WesNewell

Chief Petty Officer
Anything that won't leak. Marine sealant, silicone would be my choice, but there are other options.

USA_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class
So who can point me to the adjustable, manual jack plate that is only 125 bux?