Solas or Hustler?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris1956 View Post
    They do make a 4 blade prop with two different shapes of blades. I have not tried that one.
    That is what i put on my boat this year, i felt it met their claims. I did not notice any speed decrease but definitely pulled harder. I was only able to get out twice this year once with a 19p and the second time a 17p due too the 19 being a bit too much to have good power for water sports, but put the engine in the correct rpm range. I came from a 17p TP 3bl. I think it did drop my rpm slightly but i don't recall how much.
    1985 4Winns Horizon 170 w/Merc 470

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1956 View Post
      Both the Mercury black diamond and the Solas aluminum props are standard props. The TP Hustler has more rake and will give higher performance, if your boat can utilize it.

What size boat and HP are you planning to install the prop on?

Unlike some others, all I run is Hustlers. They give great performance and I have seen or experienced zero defects.

They do make a 4 blade prop with two different shapes of blades. I have not tried that one.
      It's a 24 foot pontoon with 90HP Force outboard. I don't know if I'd benefit from a raked prop.

Comment

I doubt you will benefit from a raked prop. You might benefit from a 4 blade prop, but I will need to defer to someone with experience in that.

Comment

A prop with more Rake can help lift the Bow a bit, but it also can tolerate high mount a bit better too, often a problem with pontoons

I've tried many brands and models of Props over the Decades, and have always chosen OMC or Mercury Props, even on my Volvo. You do get what you pay for when it comes to propellers, especially when it comes to Higher Performance Props,

Comment

Solas Amita 3 C+ works very good. That what I use on my toon and sell my customers as a replacement...
            When in doubt,Trim it out!!!
            Business Owner & Certifed Technician
            Boats I own & use
            20ft Javlin w/250 Junkrude
            17ft Bullet w/200 Merc (SOLD!!)
            13ft Allison w/150 I-6
            17ft Hydra-Sport 175GT
            15ft Allison w/75 Stinger(project)
            14 x 48 Drifter with 1100SS Merc

Comment

Working...
            X