Prop deal of the decade

89retta

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Just thought I would share my deal of the decade. While checking out the local classified one ad caught my eye. Brand new Merc Rev 4 sold boat collecting dust $ 40. Thought it was a misprint on the price as I thought maybe it was supposed to be $400. Anyways called the guy he didn't know the pitch and it was brand new also the price was $40 . And that's in Canadian dollars . Couldn't jump in the truck fast enough to go get it. So now I just gotta wait till next season to try out the New Rev 4 19 pitch out.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Picked a 3 blade for mine a couple years ago on an online sale site, 30 bucks, lightly used, perfect paint. Sometimes ya get lucky.

ahicks

Captain
Not that they're that expensive new, but I bought a NOS (new old stock) Honda prop a few months ago for 30 bucks on ebay. Box was shot, but the 13x15 alum 3 blade prop was brand new!

Scott06

Vice Admiral
You will like the rev 4 was amazed how much more I could trim out at wot. Worth 3 mph or top end vs the enertia I tried. Only drawback unless you have a lot of power spinning up in a holeshot the rev 4 bites so well ... you may want to try different vent plugs for some slip to get the engine up in its powerband

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Sounds a great deal...if I was to put a slight negative on it...a rev 4 and it’s massive diameter need a fair bit of HP to turn it to any real effective result, compared to a good 3 blade.
Although it’s certain all boats respond different to props..and there are certainly many variants to consider...a rev 4 turned by moderate HP is very unlikely to see greater speeds to an enertia, I’d think. But hey...all boats are different.