Smokercraft Pro Mag 182 (2008) with new ETEC 135 HO - Propeller (and Turning Point)?

tupelo

Recruit
As the title advises, I am looking for a new Propeller for my Aluminum boat. Right now I have a BRP OEM Aluminum - 14.5x19P. Hitting 6000 RPM on the Tach - and about 45mph on the water (GPS) with two people in the boat.

However I don't like how the OEM holds the water. Boat actually feels little unstable as well.

I tested a Rebel 15.25x19P - it held the water much much much better, but I could only get about 5300 to 5400 RPM's. I have returned that Propeller, and won't be able to get a smaller Pitch one until next season.

I have been reading about Turning Point Hustler Propellers - and wondering if I should just give that a try? There is a dealer close by - going to see what they have in stock. When I did the wizard it suggested a 17P - but I think I should want a 19P to match what I currently have? (Diameter of Prop seems to be the same).

Anyway - suggestions are welcome.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Check when combo is on plane while riding paralel to water level at which lower leg height is water flow passing at speed. Proper OB/transom height match is very important for prop to grip as it should and achieve top prop thrust.

If passing around AV plate need to raise OB for flow to skim right under small upper plate. Visually check what's going on at back of OB.

Happy Boating

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If passing around AV plate need to raise OB for flow to skim right under small upper plate. Visually check what's going on at back of OB.

Correction Need to Lower OB for prop to spin on a much higher water bed level around upper plate..

Happy Boating