1994 Gamefisher 9.9 prop went bad on me

Eric Fife

Seaman Apprentice
Hey all!

I was on the lake yesterday blasting down the way when my rpms shot up with a complete loss of power. This continued for about 10 minutes until giving it throttle done nothing at all. So i tried reverse and it did the same thing. Today i started messing with it and put it in gear. I spun the prop and it spun freely in both directions. Took off the prop and there is
melted plastic between the prop and im guessing the hub. Pretty easy...i need a new prop it seems.

I started looking up props for the boat and they are few and in between. The ebay folks that do have then want $100 and they have 10 in stock.

What id like to know is if any other props from other engines will fit my engine? Are there any aftermarket props like for speed or something? Is the red hub in the center of the prop replaceable? It feels like it is removable, i can easily move it an inch in and out. Im looking for options if there even is any.

prop specs: 6 477265 - 1 8x9 1/4 r.h.

thanks

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Firstly don't know at all if that shot prop is suitable for your combo, need to know the factory min-max wot parameters, go for a wot test on flat calm water cond and report max wot rpm achieved as usually loaded. Could be lugging the engine badly and not knowing anything about it.

If plan using same prop take it to a prop shop and have the hub repaired if all the blades are in a immaculate state condition or buy same new one, whichever is cheaper

Happy Boating

Eric Fife

Seaman Apprentice
i spent all day on the phone trying to find a prop. i finally found one at the prop shop. i tried hub repair shops and none of them will touch this prop. as for the wot test....cant do it as i have no working prop. i can tell you that wot from a stand still accelerates the boat and a moderate pace. if theres alot of weight on the boat, it wont plane at all. if its just me it will come up eventually and the rpms increase by alot and im flying.

10 spline 8x9 1/4 rh 9 p/n 477265-1

robert graham

Admiral
If the inner and outer pieces are still usable then consider just having the 2 pieces welded together....My old 3HP Gamefisher has a solid prop.

fishrdan

Admiral
I started looking up props for the boat and they are few and in between. The ebay folks that do have then want $100 and they have 10 in stock.

prop specs: 6 477265 - 1 8x9 1/4 r.h.

My outboard uses the same prop and I cringe the day I have to replace it, since they run $100. I have seen a couple aluminum props on Ebay from time to time that look "close", they were for "Force", "Gamefisher" or "Chrysler" outboards. Just have to search and see if it looks appropriate. I couldn't find any cross references for this prop, but didin't look very hard either....... Or, just wait until a used plastic prop pops up on Ebay.

WesNewell

Chief Petty Officer
according to prop finder all these will fit. Can find new for ~$50. If you have trouble getting on plane, suggest and 8 pitch prop
Solas Amita 3
- Exclusive squeeze cast process
- Stronger blades with better performance
- Outstanding acceleration and top speed
- See Amita 3 Video
propamita3.jpg
- Aluminum
- 3 Blade Propeller
- Thru-Hub Exhaust
- Pressed Rubber Bushing
9.257R1111-093-07
9.258R1111-093-08
9.259R1111-093-09
9.2510R1111-093-10
9.2511R1111-093-11
9.2512R1111-093-12
Diameter Pitch Rotation Mfg Part Number

Solas Amita 4
- Exclusive squeeze cast process
- Stronger blades with better performance
- Great acceleration and midrange performance
- Great stern lift and handling
- See Amita 4 Video
propamita4.jpg
- Aluminum
- 4 Blade Propeller
- Thru-Hub Exhaust
- Pressed Rubber Bushing
9.257R1113-093-07
9.258R1113-093-08
9.259R1113-093-09
9.2510R1113-093-10
9.2511R1113-093-11
Diameter Pitch Rotation Mfg Part Number

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Boating lightly and or heavily loaded with a very under powered OB are two different scenarios. Prop it right for at least 2 up for OB to run max wot rpm range factory stated. Should tach current prop to know achieved wot rpm numbers and go from there maximizing a less pitch prop for that to happen.

If you don't care at all at which min-max wot rpm your OB revs when at full throttle, install blindly whichever prop you like...

Happy Boating

Eric Fife

Seaman Apprentice
it was the hub. cant get it rehubbed and i needed a quick fix. so i drilled 3 holes between the hub and prop and filled with jb weld. it works fine but i gotta be careful not to hit anything. ill get a new prop once i solve the new issue that popped up in another thread....

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Íf prop is working 100% as it should, need to know achieved max wot rpm wot rpm as loaded on flat calm water cond. Isn't known if current prop is suitable or not for your application or need to go for a less pitch if in need to bump max wot revs up towards middle to max wot rpm range factory stated which is ?

Happy Boating