Newbie prop advise

MidwestBoater

Recruit
I have lurked for a few months and the info I have found here is invaluable. I have been a seadoo ski guy for a few years, but with the addition of a little one last month we decided to move up to a bowrider. I ended up with a 2006 Ebbtide 2000ss 5.0mpi & alpha. Love the boat, but I think it is hurting for a new prop. Previous owner added a solas saturn 14x19p stainless. Obviously he wasn't pleased with it as he then added a hydrofoil to help getting on plane. It will run 52-5300rpm wot if i let it and only get 46-47mph. rpm's shoot up on hole shot, vents in turns, and down on top end tell me this is not a good setup. Test drove a nearly identical boat that hit 53ish with a 19p vengeance. We mostly cruise with 2-3 people and occasionally pull a tube. Top speed is fine where it is if I can improve hole shot and mid range cruise. Local place recommended I go with the solas titan hr4 19p 4 blade, but I would like to get some other opinions. I appreciate anything I can get from the wealth of knowledge that is iBoats.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to Iboats,

What's the min-max wot rpm range for that engine to start with ? Should prop engine right to achieve max wot rpm range with 3 up specially if will be pulling water toys on a constant basis. Combo will plane out much faster. Can try a 3 blade SS prop with less pitch from current one for that to happen.

When combo is on plane with deck weight evenly distributed, trim lower leg and doel fin to ride parallel to water level, if not doel fin will achieve unnecessary drag and slow combo down.

Happy Boating

MidwestBoater

Recruit
If I wanted to try a 4 blade which should I look at. Solas titan, turbo, Mercury, turning point? I was thinking of moving to a 18p in the 4 blade.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If engine is running OK with slight over revving along excellent hole shot, top end speed is great to have fun times as usually loaded, why would you want to dump money and test a 4 blade prop for. Personally would stay there. Is there anything extra you're trying to accomplish ?

If happy with current prop performance, buy another new one and save it as a spare just in case hitting anything submerged..

Happy Boating