Volvo SX-m Thrust Washer questions 2006

pecothern

Seaman Apprentice
My Buddy has a Monterey 2006 with Volvo SX-M outdrive 1.60 gear ratio I believe. 5.0 engine 2bbl carb. It has a michigan wheel prop. He bought a solas Prop. When we went to install it the Thrust washer from the old prop was way too small and doesnt fit the outer diameter of the new prop. Solas says to use the original washer with their props. So we bought a Sierra 18-4223 washer. It fit the prop fine but does not slide all the way down the shaft to the tapered area. The inside hole is smaller than the inside hole of the old washer. I have found several places online that says sierra 18-4223 is same as OMC 333592 and other places that say OMC 333592 is comparable to Volvo 3852020. Does anyone know did all the single prop SX Volvo drives have the same propshaft? Was the old Cobra SX propshaft the same as a 2006 SX-M

89retta

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Go back to where he bought the prop from. And ask them for the one that will suit your needs. If the prop takes a hub kit the new thrust washer shouldve been included in the kit

pecothern

Seaman Apprentice
He bought the Solas Prop on Ebay from an individual. new in the Box. Solas doesn't have a phone number I can find. On the website it says use the OEM hardware for the prop. The michigan wheel prop washer on the boat when he got it does not work.

89retta

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Does the prop have a pressed in hub or does it use a hub kit ? If its pressed in then use a factory Volvo thrust washer , if it uses a hub kit then you must use a thrust washer from a kit