Tracker pro team 17 40 force

Cally1962

Cadet
best prop recommendAtion. Boat will only run 26 with 2 and gear 28 with 1 and gear only makes 4400 rpms help please

ahicks

Captain
Need to know what the engine's max suggested rpm is (google is your friend here), and what size prop you have on it now.

Cally1962

Cadet
4750 - 5250 I’m thinking 11 1/2 x14 will check it later this eve. 40 hp force by Merc

Cally1962

Cadet
Max rpm is 5250 it has an 11x15 solas prop in new condition I purchased boat and motor used in great shape

WesNewell

Chief Petty Officer
You should probably be running a 13P prop to get the rpm's up around 4800. I doubt you'll lose any speed to speak of and you'll get on plane a lot faster, especially with 2 people. I'm basing this on a boat dry weight of ~878# and rated for 50hp max (new tracker pro 170). And if your engine is mounted too low like most I've seen, you can pick up some top speed by mounting it at proper height

Cally1962

Cadet
Thanks for the info. Yeserday I removed te cowl to tune up new plugs etc. found some wear on throttle linkage had some slack laso and a nut on linkage loose tighten these up and changed plugs going to see if helps. If not a new prop may come next.

Cally1962

Cadet
After whatching some videos this morning and trouble shooting I have found out am not getting full throtle help with ajustment please

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Since we aren't privy as to what is out of adjustment on your engine, I will offer this advice. Get a service manual, preferably a factory one, to explain the throttle and spark advance relationship and setup/adjustment. Youtube, while wonderful, can offer some questionable examples regarding adjustment advice
Don't be overly concerned about engine height, at the speeds you expect to see. Even, with the hull bottom or even 1/2" below is fine. Engine trim will affect rpms if the boat is nose down plowing water

Cally1962

Cadet
After further eval. I found throttle linkage was hanging on a bracket resulting in only 3/4 theottle shimmed linkage with 1/8 nylon bushing and gained full throttle Also the motor appears to be even with the bottom of the boat. Will take for another run this weekend. Thanks for all the info.