Wanting to get a new prop

archery1

Cadet
I have a 1990's 90hp force outboard. The late Frank had put my motor on my boat. It has a aluminum prop on it and it is getting rough looking. I have looked on prop and the only number i see on it is 15. I have been looking at aluminum, stainless or even these composite props .I have no idea if a higher priced stainless prop is worth getting since it is a smaller motor? If these adjustable pitch propulse props are a good idea? Or should i just stick with aluminum? I also have been looking for specs on my motor like what rpm -speed should i get in my deep v 17ft spectrum boat and what type prop would be best?
Thanks in advance for the members who can help me.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Need to know firstly what's the cuurrent min-max wot rpm range factory stated for that engine in order to play with props or risk over revving or lugging the engine badly as usually loaded which is no bueno...

Secondly, need to wot tach current prop if in good condition as usually loaded, will know if it's good for your combo or need to go to a less or more pitch size prop for engine to run towards middle to max wot rpm range.

Happy Boating

Last edited:

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
What is the WOT rpm range for your engine, and what are you getting with the current prop?