Low Cruising RPM and consumption !

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Big top end pitch cruising RPM.
Not bad at these RPMs. Not sure of prop slip, usually better at top end, but I’d imagine it’s prettt good even at these speeds.
Impressive as it is (to me at least...you guys over there have crazy fast boats)...the bigger pitch ballistic is pretty rubbish at everything else, apart from low rpm cruising and top end speed. It’s a dog mid RPMs. Just doesn’t sit right...and I’d imagine quite slow on bike shot with weight on board. Haven’t tried opening it up from a stand still.

Attachments

• F4025759-EE62-4E88-8728-46AF408F650E.png
    F4025759-EE62-4E88-8728-46AF408F650E.png
    241.1 KB · Views: 0

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Your fixed on power and gear ratio....prop pitch is a compromise

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Your fixed on power and gear ratio....prop pitch is a compromise

Never a truer word said Scott and don’t I know it. As you know, I’m forever obsessed with prop and speed optimisation. It’s a never ending thing.
She seems to run very well, after the usual mpi problems were dealt with and kept on top of.
Being such a boat geek, I consider myself lucky to have such a rare boat, being only 15-20 of them ever made, last I heard and depending on who you talk to.
She is pretty much at the limit of her capability and will never be an out and out speed machine like you guys get over there...but she holds her own in some prettt strong company on Loch Lomond, only embarrassed by a ridiculous Fletcher with a big Yam. Even runs dead even with the big Scarab on the Loch with a 496 mpi. Great balance between speed and comfort I think and plenty quick for what she is. She has run 66.7mph with an old prop, but totally unusable in general with that. Now runs an easy 61-64gps depending on what prop I have on her. I’ve said it many times, but the laser 2 is an exceptional prop for all round. Not on the boat just now, but likely I’ll stick it back on soon.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
You do realize that you can simply drop in pitch, quit worrying about top end and simply enjoy the snot out of the boat... There will always be a faster/prettier/better/more-expensive...blah blah blah....however until you accept it and enjoy it, you cant be happy

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
I go up and down in pitch all the time Scott. That’s what I’ve been saying. Go from 19”-21” most often and occasionally 23” previously.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
correct, however bolt on a 19P, and simply cruise along at 23mph (40kph) and enjoy the beer/scenery.

porscheguy

Chief Petty Officer
What kind of boat do you have? I know you mentioned it before but I can’t remember.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
See if you can find a 14.5 x 22 Turbo 3 blade, drill ventilation holes 1/2 inch and double cup..

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Who makes them ?
thanks for the reply. Couldn’t get logged on for ages.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Haha. Glad someone missed me.
Not sure what the deal was. I could log in but the screen format on my phone didn’t show things right. Couldn’t see the whole page and things were over lapping. Then all of a sudden it works.

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
You aren't the only one from the EU that had problems. I have seen that all over this board recently. A lot of EU boaters being blocked out for regulatory BS. Glad its cleared up.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
wasnt all peachy here either for a few weeks the site had similar issues.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Yeah. Was having to put up with the sometimes rather dull UK equivalent. Just started working all of a sudden.