Conversion from Aluminum to Stainless Prop

mbaldwin

Cadet
Just bought a 2005 Sea Pro SV1900CC Bay Boat with a 2005 Johnson 115 HP Four Stroke outboard. Engine currently has a 3 blade, 14X19 Aluminum prop, and I want to change to a stainless prop. Every prop wizard I have tried returns 0 results, so I am trying to get information here. Any help is appreciated!!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Firstly why do you want to change an Alum prop for a SS one ? Have you tached your OB on a wot run on flat calm water cond as loaded ? If so, what are the wot numbers ? If not, should start with this simple test before going per other material or playing with pitches.

Happy Boating

mbaldwin

Cadet
Personal preference. My question wasn’t WHETHER to go to stainless, it was for advice as to WHICH stainless. It is my personal preference to run stainless prop instead of aluminum. If you have the information requested, I would appreciate it. If not, I understand

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Sorry, requested info is not quite clear. As to which SS, asume tougher in material ? Have not mentioned anything about number of blades, pitch, wot rpm...

Happy Boating

89retta

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I just entered your info in the Turning point prop wizard and it came up with 4 SS props.