Ballistic confirmed quicker than Laser 2

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
So after having the old trusty laser 2 on this season and most of last...I decided to switch over again to the ballistic
not as easy to live with and not as predictable as the laser when trimming up. The laser will garentee a decent too end, good grip and decent hole shot.
The ballistic has a worse hole shot, needs slower trim increments...but by god it is quicker when you get it right. Lifts the boat high and dry and also sees the boat plane at around 150 rpm less than the laser. It will stay on the plane at 2150 rpm at 23/24 mph
its freat for top end...but certainly not as easy to live with as the laser. Wants to suck air at pretty much any trim unless you dial it in slowly with throttle. It’s also totally useless at gripping in a turn with any trim at all.
Anyway...was good to see the boat flying again...even if it is only good at that one thing, haha.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Which Laser II do you have? Is it vented? Does it have the round or square vent if equipped?

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Which Laser II do you have? Is it vented? Does it have the round or square vent if equipped?

Hi faztbullet

im lucky enough to have one of the last round hole vent plugs. It’s in mint and unblemished condition. Not sure about over in the USA, but such a rare thing here. A great all round prop and I’ll never part with it. So predictable in trim and performance. Ok the ballistic is quicker on the rare and perfect conditions, but not as good a performer as the laser. This will consistently give 60mph + gps performance with prettt much any number of people on board, pull a skier or wake boarder and keep grip in a turn when tubing. The ballistic won’t. It’s only good for straight line and outrageous trim top end. Love the laser, but hoping the Enertia has similar attributes with a little more like the ballistic top end. Also worth noting that I had a laser that was 2” bigger pitch. That resulted in the fastest the boat has ever ran at 66.6 mph gps....but it was rubbish at anything other than top end. To get this speed, there was no bow seats in it, no hood, no fridge or general gear on it and just me and 20l of fuel. Not livable in the real world.