Going to an Enertia. Just need to be sure

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
guys
fully aware I’ve bored you all with this before, but spring is nearly here and I’m defo going for the Enertia prop. Just need to know how it will affect the revs over a ballistic or a laser 2
really aimed at guys like Jimmbo (I know he has one) and the usual experts. But all opinions welcome.

here is my thinking.

The laser 2 will run at just over 5000rpm maybe 5100 and limit if I let it, the ballistic will run at 5000 rpm.
Laser is 14x19. Ballistic is 14.25x19 I think but much bigger blade area I’d say.
The Enertia is 14x19” but lighter. Now my concern is that I’ve been talking to a guy online with a similar boat who went from the ballistic to Enertia and said it actually lost revs. I don’t want this. I’m surprised at this, being that the Enertia is lighter, smaller diameter and less blade area, I’d think.
Jimbo what have you found ? What prop did you come from before the Enertia and what was the difference ?
thanks.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I ran a RAKER prior to the Enertia, I think the Enertia lost about 50 rpm to the RAKER, Both are 20 in pitch, Its been 11 years since I ran the RAKER and 15 yrs since I ran the Factory prop, which was a 21 AL. I wasn't concened about the 50 rpm drop, as the speed increased a tiny bit, about 1/2mph, just a bit less slippage. As for any of the other props I tested, I posted that a few years ago, but I don't have the Access database file that had all the data(who says you can't brick a Mac). There are lots of things that make a prop, I don't think the Enertia is small in Dia. It does have very long blades, but they do have a lot of rake in the blade and there is even more added by the way the cupping is done. It is difficult to do apple to apple comparisons when it comes to props. I was lucky to have had the privilege of being able to borrow props from my dealer, with the understanding if I even so much as scratched it, I would be buying it. I was able to try many different props. On my 98 150 FICH, I found the RAKER to be the best. When I switch to the I/O, I had the RAKER rehubbed for a VP. And it turned out to be about the best choice on it too. even though it was fully buried compared to being partially out of the water on the OB. I used the RAKER for 4 or 5 seasons, after I put it on the rocks at 10hrs on the I/O. Had to replace the Propshaft too, was out of commission for 2 whole days, would have been longer if I had to wait for the parts, but a Donor gearcase(new) on the showroom floor offered its propshaft in exchange for the replacement I had on order

The Enertia works Great for my app, As always... YMMV
Click image for larger version  Name:	enertia.jpg Views:	1 Size:	80.5 KB ID:	10540477Click image for larger version  Name:	enertia2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.4 KB ID:	10540478

The RAKER after some 'Tweaking'
Click image for larger version  Name:	img579b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	142.1 KB ID:	10540479

Last edited:

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Really appreciate the input, once again. Great info there. Some shape to the Enertia
I’m not sure if the local dealer will let me try before buy, mainly because it would be specially ordered in just for me. Not something they would keep on the shelf over here. I shall ask anyway.
Thanks again.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Haha. Very funny. Not to mention Color and colour...authorise and authorize...I could go on. Only one of us are right !
The Enertia over here is never on the shelf normally and would cost around £550-£600.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I vote Colour. Labour, Neighbour,
I paid $500(Can) for my Enertia 12 yrs ago, Last fall I inquired about a new one, the price has gone down

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Can get one from the states for about £450, but might be import tax and a long wait.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Remember what I told you a while ago about the Quicksilver q3.

Similar, but not the same.The blades and the cupping are different, on the sample I examined

Same goes for the Quicksilver 5 blade, it is similar to the Hi 5, but there are some differences

Last edited:

porscheguy

Chief Petty Officer
That’s odd because I bought a Q4 and the only difference I can see between it and a rev4 is the labeling on the two props.

89retta

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I vote Colour. Labour, Neighbour,
I paid $500(Can) for my Enertia 12 yrs ago, Last fall I inquired about a new one, the price has gone down

May I ask where . Last time I checked they were around the $700 mark.

89retta

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I live in the same area as Jimmbo. As for the link you shared with the exchange rate and shipping to Canada its around the 700 buck mark