Need help: 2006 50hp Yamaha 2-stroke Prop Question

trita306

Seaman Apprentice
I have this motor on a 18' PolarKraft that's relatively heavy. It's having some issues getting on plane, motor runs great, rpm is right. Can someone suggest what prop I should try for better results. I am not concerned with top end. Please suggest a diameter and pitch, links would be appreciated also. Thanks all!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
What's right RPM ? Was that achieved with lightly loaded combo ? Wot revs are needed to check if inside safe min-max wot range. That engine should be revving 5-6 K right ? Without a tach impossible to maximze prop.

Happy Boating

trita306

Seaman Apprentice
By RPM right I meant it holds idle well, and holds WOT without bogging. I have no tach so I couldn't tell you numbers. I want to make sure the right prop is on there first.
Thanks for your response.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Sorry, can't dial best prop to suit your boating needs if not counting with a tach, not even having a musician ear to determine wot rpm when engine is roaring. Picking any prop from current use will be a wild guess shot in the air.

Happy Boating

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Without your present prop size(under the prop nut) its difficult to tell what you need.
For the health of your motor you really shouldn't change props without a tach. An induction tach will work.
We'll need your present lightly loaded
wot rpm and gps speed.