2001 Glastron GX205 prop?

I just bought this boat. The guy threw in 3 props that are all pretty beat up. Two are 19's and 2 are 21's. Anybody have a clue what came stock on it with a 220 hp Volvo Penta 5.0 with an SX drive?

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Wondering how you divide up 3 props to get 2 19" and 2 21"?
I would guess a 21 was probably the (basic) Prop but very likely
the original operator selected a prop that best served their load and activities.
I would say if cost effective get the 21: repaired and give it a test.
If we comport a 19" and 21" the 19 should have a faster hole shot and respond better with added weight .
Might be slightly easier to keep on plane at reduced throttle. Wot rpm would be higher.top speed may be less than the 21.
The 21 ,slower hole shot and so on with a little more top end.Would struggle more with water sports.
This is assuming healthy motor and drive system and props are the same model and brand.

Hmm, I didn't mention it was 3 extra props, have 1 on the boat too. Very healthy motor and drive system. Only 66 hours on it. The guy used his pontoon and just let this one sit. He also had 2 jet skis. Might just get a 19 for now.

bluewater19

Chief Petty Officer
I have a 2006 Glastron 195sx ski and fish with the Volvo 5.0/SX drive also. I bought it brand new and it came with a 21 pitch 14.25" aluminum 3 blade.

I have a 21 pitch mirage plus on for the every day prop and a 19 pitch Ron Hill signiture 5 blade for water sports and high altitude use.

With the 21 pitch, 4 adults and a full tank it runs 50+ mph @ 4600-4700 rpm. With the 19 pitch it will turn 5K+ and run over 50 also but I never run it that fast when out on the lake or delta for water sports
Wake boarding and tubing the 21 is fine and the hole shot is still ok. But the 19 has a great hole shot and is best for a full boat and skiing.

I have tried many props on this boat,, 21 Pitch Laser II, 21 pitch stock Volvo, a 19 pitch4 blade trophy a 20 pitch 4 blade quicksilver aluminum, and a couple of other odd ball props and If I had to pick only one it would be the 21 pitch Mirage plus.

Bondo

Staff member
I just bought this boat. The guy threw in 3 props that are all pretty beat up. Two are 19's and 2 are 21's. Anybody have a clue what came stock on it with a 220 hp Volvo Penta 5.0 with an SX drive?

Ayuh,.... What does it turn for rpms at Wot with the best of the 19" props,..??

How 'bout with the best of the 21" props,..??

Ya wanta be able to spin 4400/ 4800 rpms at Wot,....

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
ESSENTIAL DATA REQUIRED
When posting a question about propellers, you cannot get a reasonable answer unless you provide the following information in your post: Items 1-4 are essential for meaningful response to most questions.
1) Performance issue you are trying to correct.
2) Current prop manufacturer, model, aluminum or stainless as a minimum.
3) Current prop diameter and pitch (required).
4) Wide open throttle RPM and speed with an average load (very helpful)
5) Engine/drive make, model, year, and HP
6) Boat make model, year, length and weight

The above info gets you where you want to be quickly and precisely now most do not want to go so here's a WAG a 21pitch stilletto or HR Solas would be a good choice but one never knows until a good solid foundation is used as a starting point...By the way the 21 is with 1.5 gearing on the leg and should take you to a WOT of 55/57 mph at 8/9% slip