Allure Vinyl Floor for Pontoon

biglurr54

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 16 foot crest II I'm breathing some life into. The previous owner put in PT floors 2 years ago so that is great. : ( I plan on getting CCA ply from Gander mountain upon delivery. I decided to go with Vinyl over carpet because the boat will be docked all season at my dock on the property but there is no power at the dock and no way to get it to the dock so cleaning (vacuuming) carpet will be hard. Plus were drinkers and drinks usually get spilled. I do some fishing so guts can be an issue as well. Needless to say vinyl seems like the right choice over carpet. I was shocked at the price of vinyl. My gears got turning because there is always a cheaper alternative to any project if you try hard enough. I got to thinking about flooring i have done in my home. HD has a vinyl plank flooring that goes down lickity split and is safe for wet locations. (Bathrooms, wet basements).

Could I lay this flooring down with glue adhesive under the flooring to keep it from sliding around. Or possibly putting ss staples through the glue adhesive edge on each plank.

The cost is only a small savings but I think the look would be unbeatable. I have seen other manufactures make vinyl floors to look like teak for larger yachts at the Miami boat show. Their costs were a bit more ridiculous than the pontoon vinyl floors!

biglurr54

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Allure Vinyl Floor for Pontoon

I dont know if i can post the link but HD Trafficmaster Allure Teak Resilient Vinyl Plank Flooring is what I'm talking about.

biglurr54

Petty Officer 1st Class

NVM pipe dream. Not UV treated. I guess the stuff warps and cups when exposed to uv.

Jeep Man

Commander

Won't hold up to outside use. Also will likely be very slippery when wet. Marine vinyl has a lot of texture.

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

When it comes to decking, the real marine 3/4" plywood is the only thing to use. And nobody should use pressure treated plywood that touches aluminum.

Check with PontoonStuff.com for anything to do with pontoon boats. If you'll sign on with pontoonforums.com, they'll give you a 10% discount on parts. They have marine grade vinyl sheeting and the proper mastic to put the stuff down with. It's especially popular with fishermen.