Sun tracker party hut 28 enclosures/bimini top

cclements716

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I just bought an 97 Sun Tracker Party Hut 28ft. The rear enclosure is gone and i am looking to get a new one along with the front roll down wall panels to match. Does anyone know where i can get these things. I have tried looking all over but have had no lukc finding them. I know they have to be out there.There are alot of these boats around. Any suggestions?

newcomlr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Sun tracker party hut 28 enclosures/bimini top

Try Tumacs Covers. They provided the camping enclosure for my 97 Sun Tracker Signature 25, and will probably be where I get my playpen cover from.

Last edited:

cclements716

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I sent them an email. The front enclosures are not really a big concern of mine. During boating season it is too hot to stay on the boat without ac and too many mosquitos. Mainly interested in the rear enclosure, if we don't end up putting the slide on the boat. Just cant decide what direction i would like to take the boat in. Here are some current pics. IMG_2350.JPGIMG_2351.JPG

cclements716

Petty Officer 3rd Class

spoke with tumas. way to far away to get them to do it. People have these boats. And the covers muct be wearing out. Where are they getting these covers from?

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander

Should be all sorts of local canvas shops. Check upholstery shop[s in your area.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Most people go to a local shop and have them made to fit and in a lot of ways its lot better. I know the one I had made it a lot better than most of the factory ones.

cclements716

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i have one shop that i have done a few boat interiors with but they do not do the tops. The other company that does handle canvas applications is somewhat shady. I bought a bimini for a pontoon a few year ago off ofg the internet. Long story short the long poles (main support) were not strong enough and top collapsed on top of me. When to the local shop they said that they could make the poles out of stainless so it would be stronger. Ok how much. $125. Ok sounds good. Go the next week to pick up. Now the price is 125 a pole. Dont really condone their business practices. But i am sure there are some other companies around. I just though with the popularity and volume of these boats on the water that a mass produced internet sold top would be available.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Well from my limited understanding, the variations from model to model, let alone from year to years make it very hard to make or keep them in stock. That`s why the general replacement covers just don't fit right.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Boats just don't work that way clements, they probably had exactly enough of those covers made to cover production and no more, so there aren't any extra or replacements add to that your boat is 16 years old and you are ensured there are no factory parts for it.

Unlike car companies that have production runs in the 100,000s they may have made 30-40 of your boat in 97 so it isn't finacially viable to stock parts for them.

As others have said, a local canvas shop is the way to go.

frantically relaxing

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Most people go to a local shop and have them made to fit and in a lot of ways its lot better. I know the one I had made it a lot better than most of the factory ones.

---but sometimes they're NOT.

The first summer we had our houseboat (2006) a hard wind literally peeled the canopy off our party top. The Sunbrella was (and still is) almost like new, but all the stitching was sun rotted. We had a reputable local shop re-sew the top together. This was actually quite a feat because, as the shop manager put it, "if we miss by 1/16 of an inch ANY where, then you'll never be able to snap it back on.

An 80 or so year old lady who'd worked there for years did the sewing, and it was perfect.

So, because of the same problem the OP has, in 2011 I took our Party Cruiser to the same place for new front and rear tops, and new screens and vinyl windows for all the sides (the sides themselves still have a few years left in them)..

It was obvious the old lady didn't do THIS job. I was pretty disappointed. They didn't change out most of the zippers, many with teeth missing (which means they come undone on both ends still), on a couple of panels that got new zippers, the panels ended up short(?), and my biggest issue, the new screens and windows. From the inside, the sides have screens first, followed by the clear windows, followed by the canvas shades. Now, to keep any or all them all rolled UP requires the correct velcro straps between each of the panels. But, whoever sewed up the panels just left all the original straps in between the screens and vinyl, so now, none can be used to keep ANY thing up...:facepalm:

To recap, I had the best and worst canvas work done at the same place. So my advice: make a list of everything you need done and HOW, and be sure to relay that to the canvas shop. I just assumed after 30 years in business, AND a perfect restitch of nearly 300 sq.ft. of canvas that they'd do my tops right.