Mounting pontoon docking lights under front deck ??

natedog337

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm looking at installing two 55w halogen docking lights under the front of my pontoon deck on the first crossover to use at night to illuminate the water if necessary without using my handheld spotlight. I didn't want to take up any room on the floor of my pontoon in the front so i figured that mounting underneath was a good option. I don't think they will get too wet but plan on putting a fuse between the lights and power source. I was wondering if anyone had done this and their experience. Thanks as always...

oldjeep

Admiral
Re: Mounting pontoon docking lights under front deck ??

Considering the number of splashes we take over the front of my dads 21ft, you can guarantee that they will be getting wet under the deck. I'd put them up on the rail, not the floor.

lakegeorge

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I would think that there are a lot of waterproof lights out there. Search the net for them.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Thats what I am using on mine and also just under the front of the deck mounted on the trim edging and I am using car style fog lights and if you will think a moment their designed to stand being driven at 70 mph in rain and still work so a bit of splash is nothing. Mine are going into the second year with no problems.

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class

mine are also mounted under the front deck, they seem to be working fine. I wouldnt think it would be a problem for you
thanks Jack

glreid1

Recruit
Re: HOW CAN I MOUNT 2 MOTORS ON MY POONTOON? 1-40 HP & 1-9.9 HP

i'm looking at installing two 55w halogen docking lights under the front of my pontoon deck on the first crossover to use at night to illuminate the water if necessary without using my handheld spotlight. I didn't want to take up any room on the floor of my pontoon in the front so i figured that mounting underneath was a good option. I don't think they will get too wet but plan on putting a fuse between the lights and power source. I was wondering if anyone had done this and their experience. Thanks as always...

help
how can i mount 2 motors on my poontoon?

1-40-hp & 1-9.9-hp?

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Welcome to iboats :welcome:

help
how can i mount 2 motors on my pontoon ?

1-40-hp & 1-9.9-hp?

Glreid1

It is better to start your own thread , it makes it a lot easier to get answers and not confuse one that is all ready going.

Nightfisher-

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mine aren't mounted under the deck, but are mounted to the deck directly in front of my rails and get soaked. I started out with car fog lights, but later changed to much nicer Optronics LED ones that look the same, but are fully sealed, all aluminum construction, and WAY brighter with less power drain. They also cost around $100 for the pair though so about three or four times as expensive as the automotive ones. I also have 2ft strips of white accent lights under the edge of the skirt back near the stern that I use when landing fish at night. They are no where near as bright as the docking lights, but could be used as such if one were only concerned about using their docking lights for the purpose of coming in to the dock at night and putting it on the trailer or into a slip. They are only about 1/4 inch wide and 2ft long, are completely waterproof and adhere securely with the mounting tape provided. Longer lengths, which would be brighter can be found.

Cubbyblue22

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just wondering if anyone on the site has any experience with these docking lights from pontoonstuff?

Pontoon Boat Docking Lights

I have some that are ready to put on my boat and they seem very durable and waterproof.

natedog337

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just wondering if anyone on the site has any experience with these docking lights from pontoonstuff?

Pontoon Boat Docking Lights

I have some that are ready to put on my boat and they seem very durable and waterproof.

Funny those are the exact ones I put on my 26 foot pontoon. Ended up mounting them on the front rails and use them at night to help light up the water while underway. They are fantastic and very bright. Have taken plenty of salt water splash and no issues so far at the end of season 1