Owners Manual

SaltyDog798

Recruit
I just bought a 2010 Palm Beach 2286 Deluxe SE. The previous owner didn't have the owners manual. I've spent hours searching the internet trying to locate one. Anyone have any ideas on how I can find one.
Thanks, Carter

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
first, welcome aboard.

literally out of hundreds of thousands of boat manufacturers over the past 100 years, only about 5 have ever made an owners manual.

documentation on a new boat consists of the following:
trailer parts manual
stereo manual
engine quick-start guide and operators manual
and the boat company brochure which is about 4 pages, indicating that the pointy end is the bow, the square end with the propeller is the stern and there is a list of servicing dealers.

what documentation are you looking for.

the most important will be the engine/drive service manuals. those you would obtain from the manufacturers website
the second most important would be the parts manual for the trailer

everything else on the boat is going to be generic.

tpenfield

Staff member
Yes, :welcome:

Do you know if the previous owner actually had an owner's manual? or if even one exists?

The fact that your search has uncovered nothing might be a sign that there is not one. Is there a Palm Beach Owner's website or forum? That may be something/somewhere to check.

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Carter,
I see you are new here. It's common for new guys to come to the pontoon forum because that's the kind of old boat they just bought. But often, the questions are about the engine, controls, prop or wiring. Know that there are other forums here on iboats that deal with some of those topics. But if you're looking for generic info, ask away. Someone here may have something useful to say.

ahicks

Captain
Or alternatively, be able to point you in the right direction.