Help choosing a manual Jack Plate

Jim Hawkins

Chief Petty Officer
I want to get a Manual Jack Plate
I do not want it for skinny water, I want it so I can adjust the motor on my pontoon houseboat to adjust for when the load is heavy and the motor is too deep.
I need to keep it as close to the back of the motor pod as possible so I'm thinking 4" standoff.
Any suggestions on a good manufacturer that wont hurt the wallet too much would be appreciated.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Bob's Machine shop.

I would opt for a hydraulic plate myself, as loads on 'toons change if people walk forward or aft

Jim Hawkins

Chief Petty Officer
Bob's Machine shop.

I would opt for a hydraulic plate myself, as loads on 'toons change if people walk forward or aft

Thanks Dan,

These pontoons are 4' wide and a persons weight has little effect as the boat loaded is 3 tons. In most cases the jack plate will be set and left for days or weeks while cruising.

It looks to me like the main Jack Plate manufactures are Bob's , T-H Marine, CMC and Seastar

What do you like about Bob's?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
What do you like about Bob's?

made in the USA (right in Tampa Florida) family owned business, been in the business for decades (sort of developed the product line), if you pick up the phone, you get a person who can answer questions.

if you need something custom, they can provide it.