Yamaha 115 bogging

CrisCrosAplsos

Recruit
I have recently purchased a 2002 crest 3 pontoon boat with a Yamaha 115 four stroke. The boat was sitting over a year prior to purchase so before I didn't anything i completely drained all fuel and filled back with 100% has with some sea foam to help clean injectors (don't know what has it had it in before i had it). When i get it on the water the motor idles great and even runs perfectly up to 4200-4400 rpm. But anything after that it will run for about a mile then it bogs down for about 2 seconds then picks back up and will run another mile or so and do the same thing. I've ran it for 1.5 solid at 4200 rpm never bogging once but anything over 4400 and it doesn't like it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ahicks

Captain
It sounds like it's starving for fuel.Not familiar with the Yammi's but the Honda's have both a low pressure AND high pressure filters.

I would start by downloading the owner's manual, which will give you the location of the filter(s) and likely a hint on how to change them. With any luck at all, that's all that's wrong with it.

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I recently purchased a boat with a 2006 Yamaha 115 4-cycle. Given its age and unknown history, I routinely replaced all the fuel lines and the filter (and the thermostat, spark plugs and all fluids). You may consider something similar.

CrisCrosAplsos

Recruit
Thanks guys. Will definitely look for an owners manual for it and will try replacing fuel filters and lines this weekend. Let you guys know how it goes. Thanks for the info!

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I agree sounds like starving for fuel. Replace filters. Possibly a weak pump but I don't think so really just throwing out possibilities.

If it's cutting way back when it boggs it could be over heating? But I would think you would also get an overheat alarm, but who knows if that works? I am an older OMC guy so just throwing bout what it might be on an older type motor which really is apples to oranges here.