Bimini top adustments

ROBDOG-LKG

Recruit
2020 SW2086 C SWEETWATER

I need to make height adjustments to the top, do you adjust both support post where the pins go into the holes? It looks like you can adjust 3" or so, but when i do it is very hard to attach to top in the front slots.

I know how to lower it down and raise it up, i need to lower to fit under some of the bridges and still have the top open.

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I don't know about your boat, but when I look at my bimini top, it would not be simple to make it lower. For example, if I lean the forward and aft supports down to be closer to the deck, the also want to spread farther apart and the canvas won't allow that. The only way I can imagine getting the top lower would be to both lean the supports toward the deck AND move the pivot points closer together so the canvas will still reach. If there are rods that support the frame, they may have to be adjusted or moved too. .... This sounds to me like a job I"d want to do once, not every time I pass under a low bridge.

ahicks

Captain
I'm a little confused maybe. Are we talking about increasing the boat's bridge clearance/reducing the head clearance when walking under it?

You have an adjustment to allow this?