Sun cover ideas

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have a 25' pontoon boat I keep in an open slip at a nearby Alabama lake during the summer. I'm concerned about sun damage to the upholstery. I have a full playpen cover but it is heavy, unwieldy and unbearably hot to get beneath and set the poles. I'm looking for ideas for covers to guard against sun damage that can be placed quickly and easily. They don't need to guard against rain, but would have to stay in place should a thunderstorm roll by. .... Does anyone have any ideas, either purchased or homemade?

MRS

Commander
Probably have to have one made to fit your needs I park mine under a rv awning and hate the one that came with it. I’m looking for a similar cover myself That is fast and easy have not found anything yet.

ahicks

Captain
We made individual Sunbrella seat covers, with just the minimum number of snaps to hold them in place, for each piece of furniture on the boat. One covers a big L section in the back corner. It was tough to "engineer" but it only weighs a couple of pounds. Very easy to use in practice. They're pulled off only when the furniture is used, and replaced when leaving the boat afterward. In other words, if it's just the wife and I out for a cruise, most of the seat covers stay in place. Vinyl floor is left exposed.

No great big heavy cover for this old man to deal with every time we want to use the boat.....