Under deck boarding ramp installation issue

sdbeans

Cadet
Added a boarding ramp under the deck for easier access for my parents. Now bow eye for trailering needs relocated. Bunk style trailer. Anyone else ever deal with this. Any suggestions

ahicks

Captain
Assuming there's clearance below, can't you just install shims to drop the front of the installation down to clear the bow eye?

MRS

Commander
I want to do the same but was wondering if it would be in the way of hooking up the trailer. Yes send a photo if you can.

Cat nip

Petty Officer 1st Class
I got my under deck swim ladder but have not had time to install it yet. On my toon i have the bow eyelet (a shackel) mounted on angle iron that is attached to the 1st 3 crossmembers so i will install the ladder off center. If the ladder had to be centered i would replace the angle iron with a piece of flat strap maybe 1/8" thick and move the eyelet so it attaches to the front crossmember facing forward and not down like it is now.

MRS

Commander
sdbeans, got photo would really like to see what your up agents?

MRS

Commander
Checked my out this morning cause I need to add a ramp to ours but still need to hook up trailer strap to pull pontoon back on the trailer. Mine the strap hook is fourteen inches back from bow I think I will just mount the ramp fifteen inches back from the bow not right up to the bow. Might have to reach under a little to get to the ramp but only fifteen inches should not be a problem and will still be able to use same trailer hook up.

Attachments

• photo333131.jpg
    photo333131.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 4

Cat nip

Petty Officer 1st Class
I finally was able to get my under deck ladder installed and tested it works great. 15" is too far back because even though you can lay flat down and reach it to pull it out you will most likely not be able to reach it when it's down to pull it back up. I see 2 options, 1 you can add a piece of aluminum flat bar frop the front crossmember to that second one then add a bow eye on the face of the first crossmember and mount the ladder in the center. 2 mount the ramp off to either side and leave the eye alone. I went with the off center approach because i stuck a ford blue oval badge in the center of mt crossmember lol. I tried to take pictures but no matter what i do to my camera settings it keeps saying file too big.

ahicks

Captain
Re: file size, see if the camera is set up for e-mail sized/optimized pics, or if there's a 640x480 setting. Either of those should upload fine.

MRS

Commander
I can go 14 inches and still use my trailer hook up I think it will work because only have my elbow under the bow and can reach the spot where the ramp would be. Next time out will pretend I have ramp hook up and see what it would be like to pull out and put back in.

MRS

Commander
Take a picture with your cell phone and e mail it to your mail medium size.