Pontoon questions

MrDon

Cadet
New Kid

I’m considering a Pontoon Boat. I recently move to theSavannah Georgia area. Would this we a good choice for me? Could I cruise bays and the inter coastal. Would it be good for for rivers.

I have some second hand pontoon experience, my father-in-law had one in the Midwest and I spent a lot of time with him. But, that was only freshwater lake use.

My big concern is salt water.

any advice gratefully accepted.

DON

MrDon

Cadet
I’m considering a Pontoon Boat. I recently move to theSavannah Georgia area. Would this we a good choice for me? Could I cruise bays and the inter coastal. Would it be good for for rivers.

I have some second hand pontoon experience, my father-in-law had one in the Midwest and I spent a lot of time with him. But, that was only freshwater lake use.

My big concern is salt water.

any advice gratefully accepted.

DON

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
I'm on my third boat and first toon. started with small 15 footer, then to a 20 ft cuddy.. wasnt enough room in that. bought a new toon last year, 20 ft Starcraft.. w 115 merc.. had ski bar installed.. tons of room, can do anything a ski boat can do with tons more room... relating to salt.. dont have any experience on that one... size matters in boating, room matters in boating. go with a toon

ahicks

Captain
Myself, I wouldn't leave a pontoon in a salt water slip. It would have to be trailered or kept in dry storage. After that, most don't use them in anything over an 18" or so chop. Too uncomfortable to take weather from one side or the other, so you end up "tacking" at a 45 degree angle when that becomes necessary. NOT a quick way to get anywhere.

Gemstone1

Cadet
watch youtube: "Clearwater to Cuba"...in a pontoon. 37MPH in 4' swells, drinking cocktails without spilling...