Please help! 2000 Suntracker Party Barge 25 enclosure rail

Alisha

Recruit
We have a 2000 Suntracker Party Barge 25. We broke the rear bimini top rail, it attaches to the full enclosure for camping. Suntracker has stopped making them and I cant find anyone who carrys a replacement that will work with the full enclosure. I dont need the canvas only the frame but will buy both if that's the only way I can get it. Does anyone know where I can buy, or one that you could measure and give me the exact dimensions? Thanks in advance.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

A marine canvas shop can probably help you.

Why do you need measurements? The broken one can still be used as a pattern for the tubing. Hope you didn't toss it.

ahicks

Captain
Is there no chance of repairing this rail? All sorts of ways. Welding would be one. Reinforcing it with a piece of angle, or sliding a tube inside the tube to act as a splice are 2 that come to mind.

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I've even repaired a broken aluminum tube by sliding a smaller tube inside the broken pieces AND sliding a larger tube over the broken pieces. Of course that assumes the area of the break is relativel straight and not curved.

Alisha

Recruit
Unfortunately its non repairable. Its broke in 4 places and the side bars are bent really bad.

strokendiesel002

Petty Officer 1st Class
Measure the diameter of the tube. Go to hardware store and buy 10' sections of conduit/ EMT (your choice, either will work) and a bag of couplers. Before paying, buy a manual tubing bender. Go back home/ wherever the toon is and start bending. If you don't have a hack saw/ reciprocating saw, also purchase a pipe cutter (it will give you nicer cuts than the sawing, on second thought, buy one of these even if you do have aforementioned cutting utensils :) )

That'll get you up and running. In the off season, bring that to a Fab shop and ask them to make you a prettier version