2005 Harris sunliner 200

Thomasbain77

Recruit
I'm having issues with accessories not working but the white button breaker not popping. For example the 12v socket not working and other buttons not turning there item on. Is there a fuse box. I've been looking under the helm and cant see one. I looked online and dont know what this model looks like so I could be missing it.

ahicks

Captain
You might find something right near the battery too. A loose wire, or inline fuse/circuit breaker.

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Is this a new problem or has it been this way since you've had the boat? I ask because it might help to know if those systems worked before only when the ignition was on.

Thomasbain77

Recruit
We bought the boat used from a marina 2 weeks ago. They said they went over everything. Didnt think to look at the 12v socket.

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Do the navigation lights work? If not, you might have a case for having the seller fix it. If so, perhaps you can see where that switch gets its power and compare it to the wiring for the non-functional items.

Thomasbain77

Recruit
All the other electronics work. I've cralled under the console and followed the wires. The go under the deck. I assume they head towards the battery compartment. Problem is indont know what the breaker box looks like. I even contacted Harris boatsbthey havent replied.

ahicks

Captain
So what doesn't work? Just the 12v outlet, or that and something else. Be specific. It may help.

Also, I wouldn't spend too much time looking for a "breaker box". Focus on automotive fuses in single fuse holders.

Might be time to get out the multi meter and/or test light and start poking around. A lot of times they can point where there is power, and where this is none. Knowing that can help figure out what's not working right.

Welcome to boating! Best of luck figuring this out. You can do it!