Radio / lights / Depth Finder not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgbolling

Recruit
I just went out on the lake today with my 2016 Oasis 820CNF and I noticed the radio, Depth Finder, and lights are not working correctly. The radio (AM/FM/Bluetooth) just blinks with light on and off and at the same time the depth finder also blinks. Under my navigation and accessory switch is a black push button that looks like a fuse. Any body got an idea on what going on?

NYBo

Admiral
Welcome to iBoats! :welcome:

The black buttons under the switches are likely circuit breakers. But this sounds like a low battery or a poor battery connection.

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Concur, normally when something electrical sort of works it is a bad ground, dead battery or a poor connection in the circuit.

Start at the start by ensuring you have good connections at the battery and that it is fully charged, they can be tight and still corroded so I would pull and clean the leads well.

With it affecting numerous electrical things I would lean towards that rather than a wiring issue.

If the breakers were tripped it would not be doing anything

Dandydan

Seaman Apprentice
My 2 cents worth. I have had issues with depth finder not working and tracked down the problem to a bad ground buss. Proved my father right again.If you are having electrical issues in a vehicle, check and clean your ground connections first!

ahicks

Captain
If this is a single battery system, and the engine starts with engine instruments functioning normally, there is an issue with the boat wiring (fuses and connections), not the battery voltage. Most boats are set up with the engine associated stuff powered by a separate set of wires and connections (of MUCH higher quality than what is found in the boat wiring) than what is used to power boat associated stuff like lights, radio, depth finder, etc.

Ideas regarding the ground and circuit breaker connections, as well as the connections at the battery are all good ones.

It's time to get a test light or volt meter out and do some detective work!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
After 6 1/2 months the OP has not provided an update or asked for more help.

Closed for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.