pontoon captains seat

vidaliaman

Seaman
is there a standard distance from the console to the seat? getting ready to mount my captains chair
thanks dave

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I simply sat in it and moved it around till I was comfortable, allowing for the size of other drivers a bit.

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I find that unlike drving a car, I don't need to hold on to the wheel all the time. So if I have to lean forward to make a heading correction, its no big deal. But it might be a big deal if a 290# man couldn't fit between the wheel and seat. ..... It could also be affected by where the support structures under the deck allow the chair, console and steering cable to be mounted.

Crispin

Seaman Apprentice
I placed my new seat closer to the control mounted on the side than the new pedestal type helm I had salvaged from a different boat. The seat is somewhat between the new helm and the side rail where the control is mounted. Works well and maybe easier to see forward because I’m not looking directly at/over the new helm. C.

ahicks

Captain
I would just add that frequently, when maneuvering in tight quarters, docking, loading on a trailer, etc. I like to stand up for best available visibility around me. My pedestal is mounted to get a good compromise between sitting and standing. Mine is adjustable as well, but I find the need for frequent adjustment to be a pain in the butt.

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I like to stand when docking as well. I also am 6'2" so my knees if I don't sit straight up stick forward more than some. I find my seat to be a bit close. It's not easy to just stand up and when sitting I swivel the seat toward the middle for more leg room. But I think it was put where it was to be a compromise with captain space and the long bench seat that goes behind my seat pretty close. Someone can sit directly behind me if needed but usually the towels or bags are piled up back there.

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
The center of my pedestal is 27" from the center of the console base and 19" from the playpen wall. That's the factory placement.