Vinyl wrap pontoons has anyone done it?

nasdaqsam

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have spent a lot of time polishing the toons or my previous and my current pontoon boat but really sick of doing it but really dislike when they look like crap also. the acid wash helps but just doesn't do it for me. Has anyone had success with vinyl wrapping their toons? I was thinking of getting them painted as an alternative but thinking the cost would be much more.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
depends, if you want to paint them, it may be cheaper than wrapping.

however aluminum is funny from a corrosion point of view, either have it all painted or have it all bare.

nasdaqsam

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have spent a lot of time polishing the toons or my previous and my current pontoon boat but really sick of doing it but really dislike when they look like crap also. the acid wash helps but just doesn't do it for me. Has anyone had success with vinyl wrapping their toons? I was thinking of getting them painted as an alternative but thinking the cost would be much more.

If the cost is not crazy different I would prefer to wrap. Paint is ok but when they get scratched it is a major PITA to remove it. I am thinking after a few years if the wrap gets messed up I can simply remove it. I know I just do not like the dull aluminum. If there were people in the area that even polished toons I wouldn't mind the expense every other year but there really isn't anyone I have found.