2000 Lowe Tr200 pontoon

Malpais Man

Cadet
Hi All,
I just picked up a new to me 20' Lowe Pontoon. I was looking for a manual for it but maybe you can help me. I was wondering about the four switches on the dash to the right of the steering wheel. I am assuming one is for the horn (the red one?) and they are three black ones. I am guessing one is for the nav lights but not sure on the other two? I am new to pontoons and thought I would reach out to you that are more familiar.
Thanks!

ahicks

Captain
First, welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new boat!!

Wouldn't be real surprised if one switch wasn't in use. Another possibility might be for a pump? You could have separate front and rear light switches, another for an interior light. Tons of possibilities, with very little for certain on a boat that age.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
:welcome: aboard. Glad you joined us here on iBoats.

First, basically no user manuals come with boats. And there for a wiring diagram equally doesn't come with them either. You can get a wiring schematic for the engine, but not the boat. So you can look for anything that uses voltage and see which switch controls it. If you are real energetic, you can trace the wires from the switches to where they go. While that is probably not what you wanted to hear, boats are not like vehicles in such respects.

You can post pictures on here after three posted comments. So if you want, post a few pictures and we can try to help figure out the switches. There are lots of iBoaters on here and some one will know.

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
My guesses are: Nav lights, deck lights (may not be easy to see in daylight), and maybe a vent fan if the fuel tank is enclosed, or power to a radio, or power to a pump on a live well. As was said above, there is no standard answer and some switches may do nothing at all. .... If it were mine, I'd decide what I wanted them to control and see if any of them did that. Then I'd rewire the ones that didn't do anything to do what I wanted.

ahicks

Captain
I'd look for anything that didn't work that I was interested in fixing, and take it from there.....

legalfee

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'd guess nav lights, horn, court light, deck lights. One could be an accessory switch.

Malpais Man

Cadet
Thank you everyone. Now that I have a chance to check out the switches, I know the red is the horn, the one on the far left is for the navigation lights. (That one can toggle up and middle and down) the middle two I have not figured out yet. I am going to try them out at night to see if I notice anything. I appreciate your replies, thank you!

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Those two switches may not be used and that is quite common. Look at the back side of the switches. If you see an unterminated wire dangling off the switch it is very likely unused. Otherwise, determine what electrical accessories the boat has. Each one typically needs a switch. See what doesn't work. If the boat has a radio then very often a switch is used as sort of a MASTER to kill the radio and any other accessories.