1985 Kayot 28' pontoon boat w/MerCruiser 120hp sterndrive

rlfinch33

Recruit
Hello boating world....
first time pontoon owner, first time MerCruiser owner here. (But an ENTHUSIASTIC first timer!)
hoping somewhere out there is an owner's manual for this boat and a service manual for the motor. I've got more numbers for the motor than for the boat. but i have absolutely ZERO instructional/informational paperwork on any of it at the moment, so anything you've got will be greatly appreciated. i think i've got a pretty awesome boat here....but it hasn't been near a body of water in over a year. so it just needs a little love. can't wait to hear what you got. thanks so much in advance.
MerCruiser motor s/n: 6865380
Transom assembly s/n: 6930663
Drive Unit s/n: 6855450

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
You may not have noticed, but there is an entire forum devoted to MerCruiser stern drives: Click here

ahicks

Captain
And serial numbers are handy to have, but model numbers are really what you are after.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Other than one or two boat brands (out of many thousands), boats generally do not have manuals

The motor/drive will have both operator manuals as well as repair manuals

5150abf

Vice Admiral
As stated, not going to find a manual for the boat itself, never had one to get.

The engine and outdrive issues can be handles here on iboats.

I build new pontoons and they don't come with a manual, just the paper for the stereo ect.

Boat companies are far too small to absorb the expense of a manual.