New to Pontoon ownership and plenty of questions...

Foristoon

Cadet
Hello everyone. I've been *on* boats many times but have never owned one myself (always a family member's bass boats). Well I've finally got my own, a 20' G3 pontoon. I love the 'bass boats' but wanted something with a lot more room, to accommodate my family plus have some room to do things other than just sit and fish.

I've had it out one time so far and it's great, really. But I have some questions so I will be putting up some threads if I can't find the answers somewhere already. Looks like a great forum!

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
It is a great forum. Welcome. I don't think your boat exists with no pics posted here. Get in 3 posts and upload some pics. There's info in here on that.

Good to hear you like your boat. All the best

Foristoon

Cadet
Here it is. I have aptly named it 'Boaty'.

Attachments

• photo303900.jpg
    photo303900.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 0
  • photo303901.jpg
    photo303901.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo303902.jpg
    photo303902.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 0

Cat nip

Petty Officer 1st Class
Nice toon. You will enjoy the heck out of it. And you will enjoy it even more after you make it just the way you want it. The only things left on my toon that came with it are the cross members the hin tags and the fence. And i think i need a new fence now lol.

Foristoon

Cadet
Nice toon. You will enjoy the heck out of it. And you will enjoy it even more after you make it just the way you want it. The only things left on my toon that came with it are the cross members the hin tags and the fence. And i think i need a new fence now lol.

Thanks! Only had it out once but it was a lot of fun. I'm sure there's still plenty of good times left in it.

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Pontoons really are the best all around boat, they will do almost anything you want to do.

You are fortunate to still be able to get out, most here in the northern climes have put them away for the winter.

I have a fishing boat with a camper top and heater so I still have a couple trip but rarely after Thanksgiving.

Enjoy and there is a lot of experience here on the boards and since we have nothing to do now look forward to new posts

rescuer

Seaman Apprentice
Not sure where you are but the pictures look a lot like Lake Gaston.

legalfee

Petty Officer 1st Class
What motor have you got? The water is real low where I'm at but I still go out in the winter with my Sylvan 824e.

Pmedic4

Recruit
Have to have 3 posts? Well, I'm a new Pontoon owner, and looking for any advice, hopefully good! Already have seen several posts with good information.