RV cover for large pontoon?

Pappy24

Seaman
I have a 32 foot Sun Tracker and am considering a large RV cover to use this winter as outside storage. Any experience with this idea? Have been shrink wrapping Her the last few years. Thanks

ahicks

Captain
The price of the cover I bought for our MH fresh in mind, aren't those kind of expensive? Especially when compared to a PVC frame and a tarp or 2.

That aside, other than it will likely be way too tall, I don't know why it wouldn't work.

Pappy24

Seaman
$400 for a roll of SW that gets me 4 winters or 350 ish for a cover that has a 3 year warranty. Need to figure which is best, thx for the reply.

ahicks

Captain
Geez, 350 for a cover with a 3 year warranty sounds pretty reasonable! Is that something made locally or something you're looking at on the internet? Link?

Covers for our MH, which was a 38', were pushing 2000, and so heavy it took 2 guys to get it on the roof, even though it was a fairly lightweight fabric. That's the kind of cover I was thinking of..... -Al

Pappy24

Seaman
Thanks for the responses ,going to go with a 33 foot MH cover and see how She weathers a NY winter.

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Just tie the bottom down good and get a decent peak on iit so it sheds snow and you should be fine.