Looking for 2008 SunTracker manual

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

Try Bass Pro Shops, they sell Sun Trackers. But hold your breath because they don't usually hold on to old manuals.

What do you need help with? The pamphlets boat builders tape to the steering wheel aren't worth much.

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
Agree with the manual not giving you much. It is mostly safety stuff. If you are looking for wiring diagrams or anything to do with the outboard/linkages, those are different.

kdsimms

Recruit
I'm just accustomed to having manuals for my vehicles. I found some examples (PDFs) online and saw all the safety stuff. What I really need is a owners manual for my 115 Mercury fourstroke. Thanks

ahicks

Captain
Try doing a google search on the model number. Engine owner's manuals are generally pretty easy to come by. If you try and can't find one, post the exact year and model number and I'll track one down for you.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm just accustomed to having manuals for my vehicles. I found some examples (PDFs) online and saw all the safety stuff. What I really need is a owners manual for my 115 Mercury fourstroke. Thanks

A Sun Tracker manual wouldn't help you much then. Go with ahicks advice about the year and model number.

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Boat companies simply aren't big enough to do a comprehensive manual like you get with a car, they are hugely expensive to make and things change so often it would be impossible to keep up.

Car companies produce millions of cars a year, the largest pontoon maker does @9500 boats a year, most half that.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
If you have a Mercury outboard, contact Mercury -- they built the thing. Engine manufacturers have no idea what type of boat their engines ultimately get mounted on so a boat manual would need to have engine information for every manufacturer. That is simply not economically worth doing. So boat manufacturers send an operators manual from the engine manufacturer, a radio manual from the radio manufacturer, and other manuals for the other various stuff on the boat. There generally is not one comprehensive manual for recreational boats. If it is service information for the engine, then the operators manual isn't much help either. You need the manufacturers SERVICE MANUAL for your specific engine.