Crest pontoons? Bueller?

Frizbal

Cadet
Does anyone have or know anything about Crest pontoons? I just bought a 2007 Crest Caribbean SS 2570 and can’t find any information on it.

The center toon has the gas tank, and I assume a bulge. But I don’t have a switch at the helm for it.

Has anyone broken the storage lid? Seems to flex a lot.

Do so others have a tray of some sort for their center toon? Mine is just a hole but read inline there may have been a tray for ski storage at one point.

I have more, but that’s to start.

ahicks

Captain
Other than Crest sales brochures, you're pretty much out of luck regarding Crest documentation. Not unusual or Crest specific. They're all pretty much that way. Think very custom car. It's a collection of fairly standard parts, with a few that Crest themselves made up in very low quantities - just for that production run.

Usually no bilge pumps on center pontoons. They're self draining once underway.

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Yup, boats aren't like cars with full manuals, boat companies just to small to absorb the cost of a full manual.

Normally all you get with a new boat is the stereo manual and stuff like that but not a lot on the boat.

The center fuel bilge is most likely only auto so it kicks on when needed.

As far as what went in the storage don't know, they general have some type of bottom or floor, maybe replace with some marine ply if it is missing.

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have a 1997 Crest II 22ft toon. My gas tank is in the motor pod. I have a normal pontoon not tritoon.

Frizbal

Cadet
Interesting. Didn’t realize it would be that way with pontoons, the lack of information. Especially since they had been around so long. You are right though I called the OEM and all they said is they have a brochure from 2007. I have the original manual, but it is so generic it is not even usable.

Headed to the lake tomorrow to the boat, what should I look for on the bottom of the too. To see if there is a bilge? Anyone have a picture of theirs?

5150abf

Vice Admiral
There would be a bilge pump in the center toon but you probably aren't going to be able to see it, possibly if you have center storage the pump would be at the rear of the storage but the fuel one you are not getting to.

If your boat has a live well the pump will be in a bracket on the back of one of the toons.

Most toon companies make less than 2000-3000 boats a year, Bennington is the biggest by far and they only do 9000, entire industry is @ 40,000-50,000 a year, where a car company will make hundreds of thousands of particular model, much easier to spread the cost of a comprehensive manual.

Also the complexity of a boat is nowhere near that of a car, nav lights docking light and which switch powers the stereo and you know about all there is to know.

Frizbal

Cadet
I ended up finding the bilge pump in the center toon. It has two of three wires connected and is an Atwood Sahara S500. Are all of these wires needing to be connected? Looks like a black in is clipped at the base of the pump. Is one a switch engage, and another is for auto on? It’s so far down I haven’t gotten a meter on it yet to test voltage. Thought I’d ask if anyone knows how it SHOULD be hooked up before I figure out how it IS hooked up with my head 4ft in the toon