1994 18' Tracker Bass buggy pontoon leaking.

murrayfish

Petty Officer 3rd Class
18' sun tarcker, bass buggy, 1994 model.

I have water in the port pontoon cone. It's enough water to make it sit owner than the starboard side. It does not seem there is a way to access the cone to empty the water. I've lifted the tung of the trailer untill the back of the pontoons hit the ground but the water stays in the cones.... Is the cone a separate compartment from the back 2? I pulled the red plug on the top middle but don't find any water there...
Any suggestions? I'm feeling like it just needs to go to the shop and have them fix it as I'm not a welder.
My guess is drill a hole to syphon out the water and have the hole patched along with wherever it's leaking.

Thanks for any and all comment.

Murray

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
drill a hole low, drain water, weld up hole, weld up crack at M bracket where water leaked in.

murrayfish

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I n addition, the welder will put a plug on the top of the cone. Needed to pressure test to find the leak and to vent while repairing the crack and hole drilled to release the water. 😀

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Yes there all separate compartments so that if you bust a hole in one your whole boat does not go down. Yes your going to have to drill a hole to let the water out and then have it welded up and the spot fixed. Should not cost that much as that is an easy repair for someone who welds. finding the crack may take more time but should not be too hard to find.

icwingman

Seaman
of course bring it to a welder to have it fixed ask them to put in a drain plug for you