toilet seat on a pontoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicmiceric

Cadet
Has anyone tried to fabricate a portable toilet on a pontoon changing room area so that you could use a real size toilet seat? Those porta potty seats are made for midgets. Mind you I only need it in case of emergency and when women are on the boat. I have had porta potties previously but they are all very small.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
put the porta potty on a platform to raise it up.

if you put a bigger seat on it, you will simply be cleaning up pooh because someone missed the hole.

Nicmiceric

Cadet
I thought about trying to incorporate the seat to the porta potty along with raising it a little. Definitely don't want to clean up pooh other than emptying the pot. Hopefully nobody will use it for number 2 anyway.....Thanks

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
most people jump in the water to take a leak. the porta-crapper is only going to be used for pooh.

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
My used pontoon boat came with a pop-up changing room and I added a good quality portable toilet from another boat I once had. I typically have 4-5 women and girls on my day long trips to the lake. In two years it was never used. I think they were too embarrassed to be that close to everyone else with just a cloth curtain for separation. ... So I converted it for another use.

bigdee

Commander
In all my years I have never had anyone need to poop on my boat. Taking a leak is another matter. I climb down into the well behind outboard and let her rip along with the wake spray. If anyone is more than 100 feet away they can't tell what I'm doing. I just don't like the cold water and worry about the catfish!!

Ken Kitchen

Cadet
Catfish don't like the "warmer" water....IMHO
I have a 5 gallon bucket with a toilet seat on the top for " emergencies "..

Last edited:

Nicmiceric

Cadet
Thanks for the input...I guess I'll just get another porta potty and stick it in the changing room.

glust

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Not that I have this knowledge bouncing around in my head, I just measured for a base on my potty on the party hut. 16 inches from the floor to the seat is what you are used to at home.. If you . have a porta-potty you need about a 6 inch base

tacx

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hear is one I made for our boat. Simple and cheap. šŸ˜†

Attachments

• photo322056.jpg
    photo322056.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.