First time tooner!

floatfan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Not sure if it's a sign I'm getting older or what, but I just bought a 2007 Sun Tracker Party Barge 21 with a 60hp Mercury Bigfoot 4 stroke. Other than my granddad owning a toon 30 years ago, and a rental toon last summer...this is a new experience for me & the family. We've been a bowrider family until now, but it's for sale to make room under the carport. I know I'm sacrificing speed, but I'm adding space for friends & family, as well as a more comfortable ride. My 9 year old son doesn't have any interest in watersports, other than tubing, which we can still do (albeit a bit slower)...so I'm thinking I made the right decision.

It's a 10 year old boat, but appears to be in really good condition.

Attachments

• photo274328.jpg
    photo274328.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo274329.jpg
    photo274329.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo274330.jpg
    photo274330.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo274331.jpg
    photo274331.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo274332.jpg
    photo274332.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo274333.jpg
    photo274333.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo274334.jpg
    photo274334.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo274335.jpg
    photo274335.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo274336.jpg
    photo274336.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

ahicks

Captain
Congrats on a fine looking boat.Betting you love it, especially with the 4 stroke! Favorite floor plan with the rear ladder. Best of luck with it.

mla2ofus

Chief Petty Officer
Used to own a 24' toon, just keep in mind when traveling at speed like towing a tube it won't make sharp turns.
Mike

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Really great looking! 21' is a good size for towing and ease of launching and retrieving at the boat ramp.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
As you can see in my profile, I have almost the exact boat as you but one year older but with a 90HP. Its a good boat. Not super high quality but good enough for a toon..I bought mine 4 years ago. Engine only had 70 hours on it.

The one major improvement I did to mine was to change out the control and cables to a Gen2 control. Mine was getting stiff to shift so I just bit the bullet and did the whole swap. Shifts like butter.

I also added LED lighting and a second battery that runs everything except the engine.

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
It does look amazing and in great shape, but if the previous owner kept it in anything similar to where you keeping it, there's no wonder it looks that good.

I just bought my first toon as well. Was around my wifes parents toon when we met till they got rid of it 6 years or so later. I had fishing boats before this one. One open skiff, trihull, an aluminum boat, a CC, and have her dad's fish n ski. Didn't think I would like it, but after having it this summer I love it! Ours is a 1997 Crest 2. Has a 60hp rude on it of same year as boat. Yours is in way better shape than mone but we still love it.

floatfan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for all the comments guys! As I'm sure y'all can imagine, I can hardly wait to spend a day on the lake with it.

LED lighting & a second battery are already on the list of upgrades. Not sure of the legality of led lighting on the outside/underneath, but will definitely be accenting the inside.

Clemsonfor....Go Noles! ;) Those pictures are actually in the previous owner's shop. I have a large covered carport that I keep my toys under, but will also be buying a mooring cover to keep excess dust out. Really thinking I'm going to like it. The idea of not having to crawl over everyone else in the boat when moving around to drop anchor or anything else is super appealing.

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have a big carport that my boats always stay under. I just bought one of those 600D covers off ebay, it was like $65 or so. It's way this ker than I thought it would be. Has cheap straps to secure it but work. It's nothing like those thin silver ones you buy at walmart or where ever. Mine is only needed for dust and sUn protection when the sun is at angles. And also to keep hard blowing rain out and the morning dew that falls under my shed?? The pollen is awful down here with all the pine trees.

floatfan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have the same setup, though I do have the walls that come down on my carport. The ends are open though. And I feel you about the pine pollen...the whole of south GA look yellow at times. I'll look into the 600D cover. I'm not worried about rain or leaves or anything...just like you said, occasional sun rays, pollen, and sideways rain.

ahicks

Captain
We're about half way down the Gulf Coast, and can really relate to pollen issues. I just wanted to add that I keep our boat in a "car port" as well. and covered to keep the dust/pollen off. Covered, you need to be assured of air circulation under that cover! Mildew issues that are created can be more difficult to control than cleaning the pollen off! For that reason, all of the doors are kept open when it's covered to minimize the mildew.

floatfan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Point noted, and appreciated. Learned that with the bowrider. Had it tightly covered, under the carport...and mildew. Ended up pitching up the cover on the rear and much, much better.

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Is this what you're talking about?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/21-24ft-600D...FYrSoi&vxp=mtr

If so, $49.99 including shipping is a done deal.

Yep that's the one. I am very pleased with the quality of it. If it was outside not under a shed it may be different but I just have blowing water and dust to deal with. That's a good price. I guess cause season is coming to an end. Mine is blue but it's the same thing.

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I made a cover for mine:

IMG_1492.jpg

icwingman

Seaman
nice toon, good luck, i know your enjoying the ride, it just handles a little different than what your used to. i really enjoy mine.