whats the best patch kit for pvc boats and checking for a leak method?

G

I lost my repair kit that came with my boat so I gotta buy one. What's the best way to check for leaks and where they are coming from? I figure pump it up leave it for about 8 hours then if it loses air repump and go around with a spray bottle looking for the hole?

Sinistre1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: whats the best patch kit for pvc boats and checking for a leak method?

Yep, pretty much. If it is quiet and your hearing is good, runnig your hand over the surface very lightly will create a hissing noise where the air is escaping. That's how I found the prick (oun intended) in my floor. Drier and faster, if it works for you.

G

Yep, pretty much. If it is quiet and your hearing is good, runnig your hand over the surface very lightly will create a hissing noise where the air is escaping. That's how I found the prick (oun intended) in my floor. Drier and faster, if it works for you.

Which kit should I buy?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

The standar patching kit is not vey good as comes along a one part glue, get the one that comes with a 2 part glue, that's glue + hardener, if available, much more efective and long lasting patching.

Happy Boating

G

The standar patching kit is not vey good as comes along a one part glue, get the one that comes with a 2 part glue, that's glue + hardener, if available, much more efective and long lasting patching.

Happy Boating

thanks for the info, can you recommend a good glue brand to buy (maybe give us a link to one)?

Sinistre1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good to see you posting Maakx. I agree with you whole heartedly. That's how I fixed the pin hole (actually fish hook) leaks in my Quicksilver

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

The only difference between both glues is that 2 part glue will outlast the one part glue in light years. Not good for larger patching work in which you need a better patch/fabric state of the art bond.

Happy Boating