Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the best patch kit for pvc boats and checking for a leak method?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best patch kit for pvc boats and checking for a leak method?

I lost my repair kit that came with my boat so I gotta buy one. What's the best way to check for leaks and where they are coming from? I figure pump it up leave it for about 8 hours then if it loses air repump and go around with a spray bottle looking for the hole?

Re: whats the best patch kit for pvc boats and checking for a leak method?

Yep, pretty much. If it is quiet and your hearing is good, runnig your hand over the surface very lightly will create a hissing noise where the air is escaping. That's how I found the prick (oun intended) in my floor. Drier and faster, if it works for you.
    Saturn 365/ Johnson 15 hp

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistre1 View Post
      Yep, pretty much. If it is quiet and your hearing is good, runnig your hand over the surface very lightly will create a hissing noise where the air is escaping. That's how I found the prick (oun intended) in my floor. Drier and faster, if it works for you.
      Which kit should I buy?

Comment

The standar patching kit is not vey good as comes along a one part glue, get the one that comes with a 2 part glue, that's glue + hardener, if available, much more efective and long lasting patching.

Happy Boating

Sea Rider 320, 380 Sibs, 450 Rib, 2 Strokes Tohatsu 5,18 & 30 HP Proud Smokers

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Rider View Post
          The standar patching kit is not vey good as comes along a one part glue, get the one that comes with a 2 part glue, that's glue + hardener, if available, much more efective and long lasting patching.

Happy Boating
          thanks for the info, can you recommend a good glue brand to buy (maybe give us a link to one)?

Comment

I fix a pea size hole in my boat with standar patching kit about 2 years now still going good ....
            here is nice video for you How to repair punctures in PVC inflatable boat, raft or kayak. - YouTube you should be fine just give it good 24hr to set in low humidity ...

Comment

Good to see you posting Maakx. I agree with you whole heartedly. That's how I fixed the pin hole (actually fish hook) leaks in my Quicksilver
              Saturn 365/ Johnson 15 hp

Comment

The only difference between both glues is that 2 part glue will outlast the one part glue in light years. Not good for larger patching work in which you need a better patch/fabric state of the art bond.

Happy Boating

Sea Rider 320, 380 Sibs, 450 Rib, 2 Strokes Tohatsu 5,18 & 30 HP Proud Smokers

Comment

Working...
                X