Very odd question about the Intex Mariner 5

Icatchitall

Recruit
Mariner 4****** Just got mine today and there is a slight manufacturers defect. There is a few spots about 1 inch long along the rock guard that are not totally adhered to the boat. They are sending a new one and only require that I cut part of the Mariner logo off of the side of the boat and return the cut out logo through the mail. Is there any way I could find a patch big enough to fix this so that I can have a spare boat along with the new one that I'm being sent? Here's the photo of the cut out - thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Very odd question about the Intex Mariner 5

Welcome to Iboats,

The picture has probaby sunk in the forums. Amazing disposable, you only need to cut logo out of the inflatable for factory to send in a brand new one. Gee, would like to know the factory peanuts cost to do that. Check with factory if you can send a color logo photocopy so to have 2, just in case the second fails too :mad-new:

Happy Boating

Last edited:

CopperFox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Very odd question about the Intex Mariner 5

Sorry I can't help you but to my mind, this speaks highly of the company: They acknowledge that this is a possibility and trust you that it did happen in your case. They value a satisfied customer and common sense says sending the whole boat back makes no sense.

While I am very critical of Sevylor's new HF-360 valves, as opposed to their original Boston valves, they did a similar thing for me. Rather than cutting out the logo though, they asked me to cut the boat completely in half, and email a photo. They then sent me a whole new boat. I respect the efforts of their customer service department, even if their engineers have dealt them a raw deal on those valves.