I swear...

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
I swear by Neptune that this is my last inflatable upgrade, have been swearing so since 1996 and since that time have owned a 280 and upgraded to a 305, 330, 360, 380 sibs. 420 rib and this last 450 beauty rib. It's about to be shipped from factory, should arrive by late November. It's a deep V double hull with protected keel, 52 diam tubes, transom tank and bow locker storage rated for max 50 HP long shaft engine.

Has a custom built 2.0 mtr air floor on top deck, excellent for sitting and tillering, sunbathing and even sleeping on board. Once you are used to the confort of resting on top air floors, you won't like living without them. At $ 5.80 a gallon of E8 95 octane, you wouln't want to have a larger HP engine, so will test it with a brand new Tohatsu 18 HP long shaft, should work perfect to transport 2 passsengers confortable seated at good plane.

Happy Boating

Attachments

• Sea Rider 450-1.JPG
    Sea Rider 450-1.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Sea Rider 450-2.JPG
    Sea Rider 450-2.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Sea Rider 450-3.JPG
    Sea Rider 450-3.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

CapeAnn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: I swear...

She's a nice looking RIB! I have boat envy. :D

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Wow Sea Rider. She's beautiful. The Bible says not to swear but to let your yes be yes and your no be no. You're a prime example of why!:p Can't wait to see pics when you get her rigged out.

emoney

Commander

Good for you! That looks like a nice boat and should be a great rig. Don't forget to update us with the final package pics when you get it all together.

On a side note, has anybody else noticed the incredibly cheap 11' inflatable that iboats has in the banner here? It says it's actually 11'8" with an aluminum floor for $699? That's a great deal and I need to keep smacking my hand so I don't click on the link because I have ZERO need for that thing. But still....

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

She's not going to be heavily rigged, at the most a summer canopy which is a must have, the plan is to have her completely open and forget all about central console, seat, remote steering which adds extra 50 kilos to the rib engine combo. Preffer tiller steering and superb air deck open space for resting, sleeping, boating for long hours or sib/rib boating courses. Now that these se?oritas have learned to drive pretty well and at command, the only thing left would be to sit confortably on bow locker and sip some cold beers while taking me for a cool ride. :D

Happy Boating

Attachments

• Ribbing 1.jpg
    Ribbing 1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Ribbing 2.JPG
    Ribbing 2.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Ribbing 3.JPG
    Ribbing 3.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Ribbing 4.JPG
    Ribbing 4.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 14

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Finally Arrived.-

Finally Arrived.-

Well, the beast has finally arrived to our workshop, friday will be unpacked and measured to see if it fits well on top of my actual 420 rib trailer, probably will need to widen a bit both hull lateral supports as this 450 hull is bit wider, fingers crossed as not to need a new trailer which can take at least 2 weeks to build...

Happy Boating

Attachments

• Just Arrived-1.jpg
    Just Arrived-1.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Just Arrived-2.jpg
    Just Arrived-2.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 5

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Bravo OV6 Electric Pump.-

Bravo OV6 Electric Pump.-

Was wondering how to inflate those huge 52 tubes without dying in the intent, lucky me, factory has shipped a new Bravo 0V-6 electric cozzy yellow pump which has a flow rate of 1600 ltr/min and pumps to max 2.5 PSI, shuts itself off when overheats. Has a powerfull 600 watt motor which blew half of my kitchen when tested with attached hose, seems was not the best house spot to do so. Inflated my 2.0 mtr air floor in just 1.0 min to it’s max pump pressure.

There's a much powerfull OV-10 same version model which has a slight higher 700 ltr/min flow rate and 1K watt motor that can inflate to max 3.5 PSI, good for winter top inflation without external temp overinflation worries.

Have ordered with pump a newly released universal adapter & pressure gauge than can be used to monitor alone, or connect pump’s hose to monitor pressure while inflating. Very usefull when inflating chambers evenly in a merry go round untill you reach 2.5 PSI which is perfect for summer overall pressure. You can fully top to 3.0 PSI once inflatable is launched to sea with a Bravo Alum 4 hand pump that also includes a pressure gauge which fatigues much less than foot pumps.

Happy Boating

Attachments

• Bravo OV-6 Pump.JPG
    Bravo OV-6 Pump.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Pack Rat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Very nice...oh and the boat looks good too.

babyfat

Cadet

Very good boat, do you have more pictures about it? I think you have already gotten the boat since it's the end of Dec. now, let us have a look.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Sorry folks but the so long wanting & waited 450 rib will not see sea, at least not under my command. One thing is seeing it in nice pictures, other in reality when the beast has finally been completely unpacked and fully top inflated.

Important facts for my total stay away from it are :

1-Too wide hull, will need to convert my actual 420 rib trailer to match that width or buy a custom trailer.
2-Too heavy, 230 Kg against 120 Kg of my actual 420 rib. My compact car will surely suffer more towing stress.
3-Too wide tubes, will need a ladder or crane to climb when swiming, snorkeling, spear fishing at sea, worst for lazy se?oritas climb-ups from water doing same.
4-Deck is much wider, can hardly reach tiller arm sitting on starboard tube.
5-If ribbing sitting on deck's custom air deck, will need a camera at bow and monitor to see what's in front.
6-Long shaft Tohatsu 18 HP will be too basic to move that beast, it's rated for a 50 HP, a 30 HP will be the minimum to go to have fun.
7-At $ 6.00 a gallon (E8 95 octane gas) you wouldn't want to count with a 30 or + HP.
8-Been offered $ 6 grand for it, can't refuse that nice sum.

Taking all those issues into account, have opted for a nice and eyecatching Sea Rider 430 Fast Responder rib, will post some pics while rigging her out. Hope transom 46 cm height is ideal for matching a 20" engine. If not, will have lot's of fun fine tuning transom height to find Tohatsu's sweet height spot under trial & error once at sea.

Happy Boating

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Maybe the 420 should have been your last RIB. :faint2: It's too bad that none of your old bits work with the 450. 46 cm is just a bit more than 18". Problem maybe? Good luck!

CTodar

Cadet

Sea Rider what a lovely boat i wish i had one im considering purchasing a boat similar to this i really love it. :joyous:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Very pleased with this smaller Fast Responder 430 Rib

Just 130 Kg total weight
Double shallow V hull
Excellent 18 & 30 HP performer
Heavy duty 1.2mm tube fabric
42" diam tubes
Full rope around
Huge deck space
Transom storage
Ladder Storage
Splash Guards
Bow Anchor
Air Deck
Rowable
Canopy

Happy Boating

Attachments

• SRR-430-1.JPG
    SRR-430-1.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 5
  • SRR-430-2.JPG
    SRR-430-2.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 5
  • SRR-430-3.JPG
    SRR-430-3.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 5
  • SRR-430-4.JPG
    SRR-430-4.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Pre final rigging, have fun all day long...

Happy Boating

Attachments

• Air Deck.JPG
    Air Deck.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Ladder Storage.JPG
    Ladder Storage.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Pump & Anchor Storage.JPG
    Pump & Anchor Storage.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 4
  • Cooler & the Gang.JPG
    Cooler & the Gang.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Electronic Gadgets.JPG
    Electronic Gadgets.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

The 2 strokes, long shaft Tohatsu 18 HP has finally been installed. The rib has a 18" transom and will try to perfect match a 20" long shaft horse. As the engine is undergoing it's break in slow period made some short different throttle runs on near flat no wind water conditions. As soon the rib passed from displacement mode to plane mode, transom height issues began in terms of excessive shower splash out transom.

Tested with 1" shim, still an awfull test, seems will need to test with at least 2" transom shim and once perfect transom/leg height is matched, make a permanent stainless steel transom mount. A floating hourmeter has been mounted inside engine to keep track of metered worked hours.

Happy Boating

Attachments

• Tohatsu 18 L.JPG
    Tohatsu 18 L.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Slight Plane (One  Third Throtle).JPG
    Slight Plane (One Third Throtle).JPG
    97 KB · Views: 3
  • Full Plane (Medium Throttle).JPG
    Full Plane (Medium Throttle).JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Hour Meter Install.JPG
    Hour Meter Install.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Very pleased with this smaller Fast Responder 430 Rib

Just 130 Kg total weight
Double mediun deep V hull
Excellent 18 & 30 HP performer
Heavy duty 1.2mm tube fabric
46" diam tubes
Full rope around
Huge deck space
Transom storage
Ladder Storage
Splash Guards
Bow Anchor
Air Deck
Canopy

Happy Boating

Sea Rider
I would like to thank you for this well documented quest to find the right size boat.
I take it that 430 is approx 14 feet.

I have a question for you.
What is the largest sib that you would recommend for use without a trailer?
We are talking store inside of suv only and able to be handled by one person.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Hi Ronaldj,

How many people, children, teenagers, adults whichever on sib, type of boating, recreational, fishing, hang outs, goofing around ? to start with. To man it with just 1 person will be near impossible, unless it's rather a very light, portable small inflatable, will need at least an extra boating buddy.

Happy Boating

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Im looking at 3 people.Primarily fishing.
Im looking at being in the Chesapeake bay or the rivers that feed it

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

If the crew will help assembling/disassembling go for a wooden or alum floor sib in the 330-360 range size, if not go for an inflatable deck, much faster to display, pump and out you go. Just deflate, roll it up and inside the suv goes. For 3 and fishing gear need a roomier sib, check Saturn air deck SD 330W (fishing special) Mercury 340 Air Deck, or if wanting bit larger a Saturn DS 365. You can protect air deck placing a vinyl flooring or a rubber mat, just cut same size as air deck and place over.

All mentioned sizes handles 15 HP engines, if possible get a 2 stroke engine which weights -10 kilos compared to same 4 strokes brothers, if don't need too much power and portability is a must have, go for a Tohatsu 2 or 4 strokes 9.8 HP engine, will take you there, but not as fast as a 15 though.

Happy Boating